Engine temp - 156 2.5 V6 -

Old June 17th 04, 10:19 AM
Simon

"Jacopo" > wrote in message >...
> Thanks all!
> But I'm still worried: today, after starting with the engine at 95-100, the
> temp. reached immediately 110; then the fans started at the 2nd speed! My
> Alfa was more like a vacuum than a car ;-)
> I use Bardahl 10W/40 oil. The level is fine, I changed it about 6000km ago.
> Someone can tell me a good radiator liquid? And how to pump out the old?
>

> --
> Jacopo
> Bolzano, Italia

Sounds like you might have an air block in the coolant - best take it
to a garage or bleed/refill yourself. I have managed to free them
before by running the engine with the top off the coolant reservoir,
but that was with a pug 205, so I wouldn't advise it!
Old June 17th 04, 10:20 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Jacopo" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:35:01 GMT
> Subject: Engine temp - 156 2.5 V6 -
>
> Thanks all!
> But I'm still worried: today, after starting with the engine at 95-100, the
> temp. reached immediately 110; then the fans started at the 2nd speed! My
> Alfa was more like a vacuum than a car ;-)
> I use Bardahl 10W/40 oil. The level is fine, I changed it about 6000km ago.
> Someone can tell me a good radiator liquid? And how to pump out the old?

Are you sure the radiator's not on it's way out?

Old June 18th 04, 07:16 PM
Jacopo

Nope Tom, of that I'm sure. I've done about 10.000km since I bought in
April, and there was no leak, no oil in coolant water (that indicating that
the 'engine head' is out) and nothing strange in performances. I'm arrived
now from a 300km - trip to Switzerland, and Mary (that's my car ;-) was
fantastic. The engine temp with lower outside temperatures went down, in
certain points to about 70°C, with 9°C out. temp and a nice speed. I think
that largerly depends on the out. temp, the humidity and the speed/rpm. But
will check: I have to change brake pads and a part of the exhaust.

Thanks all guys,

Jacopo
Bolzano, Italia

Sportwagon 2.5 V6