Fender flare opinions

Old February 1st 05, 05:17 PM
Dennis Cox

Default Fender flare opinions

I have a 97 Wrangler TJ and I'll be lifting it (3-4 inches) and going with
33x12.5x15 tires soon. My question is does anyone have any advice on any of
these replacement flares to avoid or which ones are the best? I made this
list from a recent 4wheeldrive hardware catalog.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dennis

$315 Xenon Polyurethane Sport
$349 Bestop Fender Flares with Rocker Extensions
$299 Bestop Fender Flares
$495 Bushwacker Rubicon Pocket Style Flares
$394 Bushwacker Fender Flares
$408 Warn Trail Flares
$299 Rock Crusher by Steel Horse

Old February 1st 05, 05:55 PM
Jerry Bransford

I've owned 6" and 7" flares from Warn, Tera (same as Warn's), and
Bestop, and have installed Bushwacker pocket style flares on many Jeeps
in my job. The only two brands I can recommend from a toughness point
of view are Warn's, followed by Bestop's so far as good quality and
looks go. Bushwackers are pretty cheap and tend to pull off over the
mounting bolts if they get snagged on a trail obstacle. Xenon's are
just too proud of their name and it's molded right onto the side of them
which is just tacky in my opinion. Avoid Warn's 7" flares, they're just
too wide. I'd go with either Warn's or Bestop's 6" flares if it were
me. Oh, I currently have Bestop's 6" flares on my TJ and they're really
nice.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old February 1st 05, 07:52 PM
JimG

Whats your thoughts on these Jerry?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old February 2nd 05, 05:05 PM
Dennis Cox

tks Jerry. You and everyone (almost) on this NG are awesome.
I hope to have the build up done by the end of April. My goal is to post a
web site or a brief msg about what I did and my experience with it. Now, if
I can just get that last couple of Benjamins rounded up....
Dennis

newswOLd.7851$bu.1291@fed1read06...

Old February 4th 05, 04:02 AM
Trust5280

I put on the Bushwacker Rubicon Pocket Style Flares. Relatively easy to instal
and paid about $265 from local 4x4 shop. Work well.

Can you buy a lf fender of civic root Honda 3 January 7th 05 05:33 PM
Opinions on the 2002 L100. Rob Saturn 2 December 27th 04 05:53 AM
Opinions of the 1988 735i ---Should I buy one?? Mark J. Amero BMW 7 November 20th 04 09:47 PM
GMC fender replacement adamscreek 4x4 2 September 28th 04 11:25 PM
FS: 1951 Chevy Parts Deluxe Fender Chrome, 51-52 Fender Skirts Etc! jack Antique cars 0 October 21st 03 03:05 AM