92 GT

Old March 19th 05, 08:51 PM
Mike R

Default 92 GT

In article >,
(O G) wrote:

> My turn signals, rear defrost, and blower motor is nt working. I found
> a relay which appears to be in the circuit. Has anyone seen this cause
> these problems? The part number is FOZB-18C641-AA I appreciate any
> help that can be given, I also recently installed fog lights and those
> arent working either.
>
> Johnny

You might want to google up the fog lamp relay modification in case your
wire harness and/or multi-function and headlamp switches are showing signs
of overheating, such as flashing headlamps after prolonged use of fog
lamps and discolored harness connecters associated with this circuit.
There was also a TSB on this (some have considered a bandade fix), and
it's doesn't use a relay which Ford probably should have used in the first
place. The fog lamp circuit, btw is powered by fuse #15 (15 amp).

That aside, check fuse #9 (30 amp) and fuse #5 (15 amp) which share power
supply distribution. If ok, check for 12 volts at fuses with ignition
switch in the run position. If no good, turn ignition switch to off and
test the gray w/yellow trace wire continuity from the fuse panal (fuse #9
or #5) to the ignition switch pin location (A2). If ok, then suspect
ignition switch failure...HTH

--
Mike
93 Cobra
Old March 20th 05, 02:05 PM
Me And You

Thanks Mike,
I will try these things soon as the rain stops, Gods
way of making me take sunday off. I appreciate your help.

Johnny