Don't buy the Navigation Program for a C6 Corvette

Old January 21st 05, 03:05 AM
John Leahy

Default Don't buy the Navigation Program for a C6 Corvette

Hi purchased a navigation system for my 2005 Corvette. It is almost
totally useless. In California it only covers 32 cities. I live 35
miles north of San Diego; yet the navigation system couldn't even find
San Diego! The company that made the navigation DVD appears not to be
in business. The address in the telephone book does not exist in that
address; not do they even answer the telephone. Before you choose to
buy a navigation system. Read the booklet that comes with it, you will
see it covers hardly any cities.
Old January 22nd 05, 12:30 AM
John

The one I used would do my home town in florid and places Sebring fl,
Nashville, Orlando. All of these towns are smaller than San Diego.

Old January 22nd 05, 11:26 PM
CardsFan

"TF" > wrote in message ...

> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>
>> "TF" > wrote in message
>>> Mmm, sounds like an opportunity to write some code that might pay off.
>>> Too bad I got two work projects and a side hobby/project for when I have
>>> an extra two minutes to spare.
>>> That's usually about every third year
>>> I really would love to do something for our sweet cars.
>>> TF

>> Code? What code?

> software code...better mousetrap...
> TF
>
> What he's saying is there is a lack of data. Granted, it
>> would have helped if he'd have included the name of this bogus company.

Note the above. There IS code, which references data on streets and
highways. What's missing is the data. The only thing you might provide is
a program that picks a better route from one location to another, but that's
worthless if there are these huge gaps in the database.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp