honda accord 1990 4doors water on right hand floor

Old May 14th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default honda accord 1990 4doors water on right hand floor

i have a 1990 honda accord 1990 4 doors there is water on the right
hand frt and rear floor
any idea, i have resealed the joint at the air entry for heating from
the outside the trunk who use
to leak i have fixed that problem now only left with this one

Old May 14th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

rodsch wrote:
> i have a 1990 honda accord 1990 4 doors there is water on the right
> hand frt and rear floor
> any idea, i have resealed the joint at the air entry for heating from
> the outside the trunk who use
> to leak i have fixed that problem now only left with this one

The heater core? Does it rain a lot where you are?

Old May 14th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

rodsch wrote:
> i have a 1990 honda accord 1990 4 doors there is water on the right
> hand frt and rear floor
> any idea, i have resealed the joint at the air entry for heating from
> the outside the trunk who use
> to leak i have fixed that problem now only left with this one

I have the same problem on my Acura Integra GS 1990. It was rain season
(winter) and I just had to rip the carpet on the passenger's side both
front and rear because it would keep the water in and would never dry.
Water in the trunk also.

Where would the leaks be for carpet problem?

Regards
Jeff

Old May 14th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I had an 87 Civic that leaked around the top of the tail lights. I ran a
bead of silicone over over the gap between the body and lights, and this
solved it. The back carpet was always wet after any rain, and I could
actually hear the water running forward from the hatch area onto the floor
when I backed out of the driveway.

ups.com...

Old May 15th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

i have found that the top of rear door where the rubber seal seats is
rusted and is making an uneven surface for the contact to the chassis
and water get behind those
uneven surface and leak into the car, i have not fixed yet will get
back when it's done

2005 Honda Accord Coupe miller_m Honda 0 October 11th 05 09:54 AM
accord VS camry (more like honda vs toyota) [email protected] Honda 1 October 10th 05 10:02 PM
1990 Honda Accord SX Leak around fuel tank Viper143 Honda 5 September 14th 05 01:22 PM
1990 Honda Accord won't start when engine is warm punkyw Honda 8 May 12th 05 10:36 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM