Power Steering Resivior HELP!!!

Old March 5th 05, 07:40 PM
Snow

Default Power Steering Resivior HELP!!!

Ok after replacing the pressure hose (steel line right at the fitting broke)
I am getting ready to fill it up when all of a sudden the return line starts
leaking and I dump the reservoir, ok no real big deal, get the trusty
inspection mirror out and have a look..well the return line is leaking from
the exact same place as the press. line was. so after bashing a few
knuckles, shedding some skin and a few drops of blood I finally get the line
to crack free and remove it from the steering box. Then I fight with the
factory clamp on the reservoir get that off (in a couple pieces) then decide
I had better slice the return hose in order to get it off the little plastic
"tit" it attaches to..no problem get the hose sliced then it all goes down
hill!!! The plastic "tit" breaks off just as I get the hose off.. now I
know I can "modify" the new hose enough to re-attach it temporarily. So my
question is Can the reservoir be removed from the pump easily?? I will be
venturing to the wreckers in about 4 weeks and I can rob several complete
pumps and a few reservoirs, but can these be changed easily? or do I have to
split the pump to do it.

Snow...

Old March 5th 05, 08:18 PM
DougW

Snow did pass the time by typing:
> ... now I
> know I can "modify" the new hose enough to re-attach it temporarily. So my
> question is Can the reservoir be removed from the pump easily??

The reservoir comes off easily. It's just held on by a couple of clips.
You do have to remove the PS pump though to get the reservoir off. There
is an O ring that seals the two.

I just grabbed some hose from NAPA for the return line. Just has to
be resistant to PS fluid.

--
DougW

Old March 5th 05, 08:22 PM
Snow

Thanks Doug, I'll grab a reservoir from the wrecker when I go. I'm getting
a new hose (Monday) for about $26 cdn, so far the aftermarket press. hose,
return hose and an 18mm wrench have all cost less then factory dealer hose
of $75 cdn.

Thanks Again.
Snow...

newsuoWd.4274$ju.1014@okepread07...