Charger Daytona vs Avenger R/T

Old April 10th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ivanogburn

Default Charger Daytona vs Avenger R/T

I am looking for evryone's opinion!
I have a choice of getting a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T with a sunroof OR
a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona (with 25000 miles) for the same cost.
The Avenger is new, has great gadgets and reasonable performance. But
the Daytona is a Hemi-badass!
The Charger is "Certified" so it has a decent warranty.

Please help me decide!

(Oh yea - the Charger is Go ManGo and the Avenger is Black.)

Old April 11th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"ivanogburn" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I am looking for evryone's opinion!
> I have a choice of getting a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T with a sunroof OR
> a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona (with 25000 miles) for the same cost.
> The Avenger is new, has great gadgets and reasonable performance. But
> the Daytona is a Hemi-badass!
> The Charger is "Certified" so it has a decent warranty.
>
> Please help me decide!
>
> (Oh yea - the Charger is Go ManGo and the Avenger is Black.)

The avenger will get better gas mileage!

Old April 11th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article om>,
"ivanogburn" > wrote:

> I am looking for evryone's opinion!
> I have a choice of getting a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T with a sunroof OR
> a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona (with 25000 miles) for the same cost.
> The Avenger is new, has great gadgets and reasonable performance. But
> the Daytona is a Hemi-badass!
> The Charger is "Certified" so it has a decent warranty.
>
> Please help me decide!
>
> (Oh yea - the Charger is Go ManGo and the Avenger is Black.)

I would take the Avenger with no hesitation, unless I was towing a heavy
trailer, then I'd chose the Charger.
I wouldn't order AWD for the FWD Avenger, but I would for the RWD
Charger if I drove in snow.
At Edmonds owners like it: http://www.edmunds.com/new/dodge/index.html
Old April 13th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

ivanogburn wrote:

> I am looking for evryone's opinion!
> I have a choice of getting a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T with a sunroof OR
> a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona (with 25000 miles) for the same cost.
> The Avenger is new, has great gadgets and reasonable performance. But
> the Daytona is a Hemi-badass!
> The Charger is "Certified" so it has a decent warranty.
>
> Please help me decide!
>
> (Oh yea - the Charger is Go ManGo and the Avenger is Black.)

The Avenger a generic front-drive v6 with some styling thrown at it to
make it look like it has some relation to the Charger. The Charger is
rear drive.

NO question at all- go with the Charger!!!
Old April 14th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Scott Koprowski

Charger is a better built car- if you can handle the gas mileage go for the
Charger. The new Avenger and Sebring is a huge embarrassment for Chrysler
IMHO.

Old April 14th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article > ,
"Scott Koprowski" > wrote:

> Charger is a better built car-

Why?

>if you can handle the gas mileage go for the Charger.

UGH! The 300 line is a throwback to the 50s.

Old April 14th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ivanogburn

On Apr 14, 1:19 am, who > wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Scott Koprowski" > wrote:
>
> > Charger is a better built car-

> Why?
>
> >if you can handle the gas mileage go for the Charger.

> UGH! The 300 line is a throwback to the 50s.
>
> > The new Avenger and Sebring is a huge embarrassment for Chrysler

> Why?

Yes I would like to knoiw why also.
>From the casual observer - they both look similar in apearance. Yes

the Charger has a larger powerplant and so it can out perform the
Avenger on the track.but not by minutes, just seconds. They are close
in price and gas milege. And for the non-purist the Avenger certainly
has a lot more gadets available than the Charger line.

It will be interesting to see how the Chargers, and Avenger hold up
once the Challenger is released.

Old April 14th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

who wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Scott Koprowski" > wrote:
>

>>Charger is a better built car-

> Why?

Because the Avenger/Sebring is a warmed-over JA-chassis FRONT DRIVE car.

>>if you can handle the gas mileage go for the Charger.

> UGH! The 300 line is a throwback to the 50s.

Your turn: Why?
Old April 14th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article >,
Steve > wrote:

> who wrote:
> > In article > ,
> > "Scott Koprowski" > wrote:
> >

> >>Charger is a better built car-

> > Why?

> Because the Avenger/Sebring is a warmed-over JA-chassis FRONT DRIVE car.

That makes it better due to further development of the platform. This is
just evolution of a platform.
The Charger (300 line) is a warmed over Mercedes drive train, plus some
undesirable Mercedes components such as the awful cruise control.

> >>if you can handle the gas mileage go for the Charger.

> > UGH! The 300 line is a throwback to the 50s.

> Your turn: Why?

Heavy, large engine, poor visibility, poor for winter use due to RWD and
low ground clearance and the final breaker for me is it can't store a
full sized spare- based on a Magnum rental.

However the 300 does fill a need which isn't mine. It was hot for a
while, but not so now. Chrysler dropped their very popular LH line.
Chrysler is suffering because they relied too much on large vehicles,
now they are trying to recover their mid and lower market with just the
Sebring/Avenger and the Caliber lines. Only two lines!

My Chrysler dealer saw the light last year and sold his dealership, but
kept his Toyota dealership. He was a Chrysler dealer for many years and
obviously saw the light.

Now a large GM dealership near me is in a final sale, buy the owner who
has had it and several others for many years. He has been opening new
dealerships for Toyota, Subaru, etc.

The consumer is speaking with their pocket book.
I'm holding my overdue new car purchase for the NA manufacturers to get
their act together, but I can't wait forever.
Old April 14th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

In article >,
who > wrote:

> [...]

I filled up my '95 Concord last night because the gas price had dropped,
to C$1.114 per L,
about C$5.02 per CDN gallon or about US$3.71 per US gallon

This is an urban price, prices can be much more in our out of city
regions.
I need a more fuel efficient car!