87 Jeep wagon

Old December 13th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
jeepsterdog

Default 87 Jeep wagon

Column shifter is stuck in park, How can I get it to shift to reverse,
neutral, or even drive without jumping on the column shifter like a 200 lb
monkey?

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.4x4/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old December 13th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mike Romain

jeepsterdog wrote:
> Column shifter is stuck in park, How can I get it to shift to reverse,
> neutral, or even drive without jumping on the column shifter like a 200 lb
> monkey?
>
> --
> Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/rec.autos.4x4/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

I would first find out 'why' it is stuck. The ones I have seen get
stuck were from a broken engine mount and a broken tranny mount both
allowing the engine to shift jamming up the linkage between the column
bottom and the tranny.

You also could have bad wear on the linkage parts causing a jam.

Mike
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com