selespeed how strange

Old August 28th 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
selespeed 147

Default selespeed how strange

I have a 2001 alfa romeo 147 selespeed and for the past week it has been
doing strange things, when you engage gears whether in "city" mode, flick
shift or paddle shift it jumps from 1st to 3rd and from 2nd to 4th but in 3rd,
4th & 5th it is fine no jumping of gear even on the down shifts but the
moment you go into 1st or 2nd it jumps a gear? HELP? does anyone know why it
might do this?

What I love about the car is that usually if there is a problem it tells you
with a warning or buzzer or something but with this it isn't doing anything
it just jumps gears???

Any help or if anyone has experienced the same thing the input would be
appreciated

Old August 28th 06, 08:26 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

"selespeed 147" <u25839@uwe> wrote:

> I have a 2001 alfa romeo 147 selespeed and for the past week it has been
> doing strange things, when you engage gears whether in "city" mode, flick
> shift or paddle shift it jumps from 1st to 3rd and from 2nd to 4th but in 3rd,
> 4th & 5th it is fine no jumping of gear even on the down shifts but the
> moment you go into 1st or 2nd it jumps a gear? HELP? does anyone know why it
> might do this?
>
> What I love about the car is that usually if there is a problem it tells you
> with a warning or buzzer or something but with this it isn't doing anything
> it just jumps gears???
>
> Any help or if anyone has experienced the same thing the input would be
> appreciated

I foresee a very expensive gearbox and / or ECU replacement at a main
dealer, unfortunately.

Why do people buy Selespeeds when the issues with them are so well
documented?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
Old August 28th 06, 10:58 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R D S

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> "selespeed 147" <u25839@uwe> wrote:
>
>> I have a 2001 alfa romeo 147 selespeed and for the past week it has been
>> doing strange things, when you engage gears whether in "city" mode, flick
>> shift or paddle shift it jumps from 1st to 3rd and from 2nd to 4th but in
>> 3rd,
>> 4th & 5th it is fine no jumping of gear even on the down shifts but the
>> moment you go into 1st or 2nd it jumps a gear? HELP? does anyone know why
>> it
>> might do this?
>>
>> What I love about the car is that usually if there is a problem it tells
>> you
>> with a warning or buzzer or something but with this it isn't doing
>> anything
>> it just jumps gears???
>>
>> Any help or if anyone has experienced the same thing the input would be
>> appreciated

> I foresee a very expensive gearbox and / or ECU replacement at a main
> dealer, unfortunately.
>
> Why do people buy Selespeeds when the issues with them are so well
> documented?

Same reason they buy Alfa's.

Old September 5th 06, 11:21 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
D.D.

I have 156 (redesigned) 2003 selespeed.
Before that I had also 156 2.0. selespeed, year 2000.
So, this is my 6th year driving with selespeed gearbox
and it works excellent! It is so fantastic gearbox that
I don't want any other. I understand that some people
have problems but it does not mean that selespeed is
a wrong choice. It is like anything else; you may be
lucky or not and it is not "so well documented"!

selespeed problems dogtown Alfa Romeo 4 June 11th 06 06:11 PM
strange rattle/gurgle/cough solved, plus question about motor mounts KLS Audi 1 May 1st 06 02:40 AM
156 Selespeed - Typical Maintenance Requirements [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 March 29th 05 05:22 PM
Strange ongoing humming tone from 94 Accord [email protected] Honda 36 March 22nd 05 02:09 AM
Strange Idle pankajg General 0 December 17th 04 10:50 PM