AC low pressure "valve"

Old August 9th 06, 10:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jone T.

Default AC low pressure "valve"

I wan't to connect a manometer to the AC system on my '96 A4 1.8T but I can
only find the "valve" on the high pressure side. The high pressure valve is
on the condenser. This makes me think the low pressure valve could be on the
vaporizer but it would be kind of wired to put it so far from the other one
and behind lots of interior. Anyone know where it is and if it exists?

Jone T.

Old August 12th 06, 10:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bundy

"Jone T." <jone> schreef in bericht ...
> I wan't to connect a manometer to the AC system on my '96 A4 1.8T but I

can
> only find the "valve" on the high pressure side. The high pressure valve

is
> on the condenser. This makes me think the low pressure valve could be on

the
> vaporizer but it would be kind of wired to put it so far from the other

one
> and behind lots of interior. Anyone know where it is and if it exists?
>
> Jone T.

The low pressure valve sits between the evaporator and the container. If you
send me your email then I can send you a picture about the AC system.
(remove the no-spam in the email address)

The_Al

Old August 12th 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Gio

"Bundy" > skrev i en meddelelse
> The low pressure valve sits between the evaporator and the container. If
> you
> send me your email then I can send you a picture about the AC system.
> (remove the no-spam in the email address)

On a sidenote to this A/C-talk, what kinda gas does it use? Im in for a
refill, as my A4 (b5) A/C is cooling worse and worse.
I happen to know some "cool" people, that would be able to refill it for a
little "orange" money )

--
Gio

Old August 12th 06, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bundy

"Gio" > wrote
> "Bundy" > skrev i en meddelelse
> > The low pressure valve sits between the evaporator and the container. If
> > you
> > send me your email then I can send you a picture about the AC system.
> > (remove the no-spam in the email address)

> On a sidenote to this A/C-talk, what kinda gas does it use? Im in for a
> refill, as my A4 (b5) A/C is cooling worse and worse.
> I happen to know some "cool" people, that would be able to refill it for a
> little "orange" money )
>

> --
> Gio

This is what ELSA says (VAG workshop manual):
"The assemblies and pipes in the air conditioner are filled with the
following refrigerant: tetrafluorethane (CF3-CH2F or CH2F-CF3).
This refrigerant is currently known in Germany by the trade names R134a,
H-FKW 134a, SUVA 134a and KLEA 134a (other trade names may be used in other
countries).
"

I hope this helps a bit.

Relieving Fuel System Pressure Ford Ranger Nehmo Technology 6 April 23rd 06 07:23 PM
Oil Pressure Assumptions..... Caprice85 Technology 15 March 27th 06 07:34 PM
Oil Pressure Gauge and Engine death CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert Technology 22 January 22nd 06 02:11 AM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM
Oil pressure gauge sticking on start-up in cold weather? Azfreeflyer Ford Explorer 6 December 27th 04 04:22 PM