VWoA Strikes Again

Old March 8th 05, 09:30 PM
Wild Bill

Default VWoA Strikes Again

Hey Gang ,
I already posted this on STF but I thought everyone should know . The
VWoA Nazis
are at it again!! Received the following email from Tony who is the
owner /operator of SunCoast Bugs in Florida. To bad that VWoA has to
push their frigging nonsense around on honest people trying to make a
honest living!! *******s!
"Bill:
=A0
We have received the infamous Cease & Desist notice from Volkswagen-VW
of America stating that they did not want us to use the term "BUG" in
our name, did not want us to have a website named "www.suncoastbug.com"
nor use the logo that we have had for 17 years. Therefore we have
changed our name to "OnLine AirCooled Parts" and have a new web address
www.onlineaircooledparts.com. Please change our web link
"www.suncoastbug.com" on your club website to
"www.onlineaircooledparts.com" to help us comply with their demands.
=A0
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. Believe me this is not
something that I feel very good about. Thank you for your help. We look
forward to seeing you at your upcoming show.
=A0
=A0
Tony,
OnLine AirCooled Parts"

What a bunch of Jackasses!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President
Rare Air VW Club
Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

http://www.devoted.to/RareAir

or

http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

Old March 9th 05, 02:55 AM
Charles Fregeau

"Wild Bill" > wrote in message
[...]

This ain't your father's VWoA, that's for sure.

Charles of Kankakee

Old March 10th 05, 02:48 AM
george taylor

What a bunch of asses. I know the guys at Sun Coast Bug, and have for over
12 years. Just now they are upset that they were using the word "BUG". I
guess that Webster's should omit the word "bug" in the dictionary before
they get a Cease & Desist order.
George Taylor

Old March 10th 05, 06:05 PM
John Connolly

if it was me, I'd change the domain you have to be an "information only"
site on how VWOA is screwing their customers and reputation. Make sure it's
"opinion only" and they can't do squat.

Why they insist on cutting themselves loose from their history makes no
marketing sense at all. They'd have more customers if they'd treat them well
instead of distancing themselves from us.

John

Old March 11th 05, 02:13 AM
Charles Fregeau

"John Connolly" > wrote in message
> if it was me, I'd change the domain you have to be an "information only"
> site on how VWOA is screwing their customers and reputation. Make sure
> it's
> "opinion only" and they can't do squat.
>
> Why they insist on cutting themselves loose from their history makes no
> marketing sense at all. They'd have more customers if they'd treat them
> well
> instead of distancing themselves from us.
>
> John

I wouldn't be surprised if we discover VWoA thinks the Bug is an
embarrassment to its now-upscale customers. I wonder how many people
driving that Jaguar know that it started as the Swallow Sidecar Company. . .
.. Or that at the same time VW was making the last of the oval-windows, BMW
was making something called Isetta (sic)

Charles of Kankakee

Old March 11th 05, 03:16 AM
jjs

Charles Fregeau" > wrote in message

> . Or that at the same time VW was making the last of the oval-windows, BMW
> was making something called Isetta (sic)

I think the Isetta was an Italian machine simply branded by BMW. All kinds
of those things happen. Ferrari made the Dino but had Fiat sell it because
it wasn't a V-12. BMW took the low road.

Old March 11th 05, 06:23 AM
Ben Boyle

Yeah, but Isettas rock and I can't wait to get mine on the road! BMW doesn't really offer alot of support for the Isetta
parts wise, but they at least have sponsored a handful of events over the years to celebrate major anniversaries
surrounding it.

Old March 11th 05, 06:24 AM
Ben Boyle

The original Isetta was made by Iso, an Italian refrigerator manufacturer. But, the Isettas that BMW built under license
were reworked quite a bit. They had BMW drivetrains and most of their components are unique to them, and not to the Iso
Isettas.

Old March 11th 05, 12:51 PM
Busman

Yup, this is why I no longer buy anything from VW. I think we need to get a
letter writing camapign going where we all take pictures of our VWs with the
logos blotted out (or maybe changed to Swastikas?) and send them to VW with
a note telling them that you'll never buy anything until they end this
stupid policy. Assinine.
Andy
63 Caravelle Camper

Old March 11th 05, 01:51 PM
Charles Fregeau

"jjs" > wrote in message
> Charles Fregeau" > wrote in message
>
>> . Or that at the same time VW was making the last of the oval-windows,
>> BMW was making something called Isetta (sic)

> I think the Isetta was an Italian machine simply branded by BMW. All kinds
> of those things happen. Ferrari made the Dino but had Fiat sell it because
> it wasn't a V-12. BMW took the low road.

Yes but it was branded BMW, and a far cry from the stuff they put out today.
Although those little Isettas seem to survive. I saw one in near mint
condition in Palatine a year ago.

What I'm getting at is the snob angle. The people that drive Volkswagens
now aren't the same people that drove our beloved Beetle. That class of
people have moved on to things like Toyota Corollas. I ought to know, I is
one! I often refer to the Corolla as the Japanese attempt at a Beetle.
Toyota's made over 25 million of them, although they've changed the design a
lot, unlike the Beetle. And what is badged as a Corolla in Europe is not
necessarily a Corolla in the US, etc.

What's sad is that Toyota, too, seems to be playing the Snob card with the
Camry (affectionately known as the Cram-me and the Buick of Toyotas around
these parts.)

Charles of Kankakee

VWoA buys into Hollywood jjs VW air cooled 1 January 13th 05 10:28 PM
EA strikes again Indy Simulators 63 January 12th 05 10:27 PM
Semi OT VWoA Bill Berckman VW air cooled 17 November 14th 04 06:21 AM