How to Replace a Horn

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22nd 05, 06:25 AM
DigitoNut

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:11:28 -0400, Oppie > wrote:

> That does not quite make sense.
> The horn is grounded to chassis and a single terminal goes to the horn
> relay
> that switches the horn to battery. One side of the horn relay coil goes
> battery and the other side to the horn button which is switched to
> ground by
> the horn button. The situation is muddled somewhat by any alarm that will
> chirp the horn. That aside, the usual troubleshooting method begins with
> removing the horn relay and seeing if that silences the horn...
>
> So you have the mechanics of changing the horn down but I suspect that
> you
> did not really fix the root problem. Like the terminator, it will be
> back.

saturn s-series is economy class car, there is only one horn on the
vehicle.
if the horn goes off and stay on one night there are two possible causes
1 - the horn pads shrinks on cold ambient temp and ground path to the
horn.
2 - the horn itself shorted out which is very possible.

the horn relay from saturn hardly cause trouble. only if replace with
after market
relay and then trouble will present when the relay coil get weak or the
switching in the
relay could stuck on when use.

Horn Replacement Tom T Jeep 0 February 27th 05 03:13 AM
security system does not chirp after horn replacement ymg200 Saturn 4 February 20th 05 01:37 AM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 05:12 PM
Horn Wiring Hell - Escaped Spike VW air cooled 0 November 14th 04 06:37 PM
My Beetle's Maintenance Schedule - Help Please! Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM