Am I going to Corvette Hell?

Old March 5th 05, 11:13 PM
'Key

"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:31:12 GMT, "'Key" >
> wrote something
> wonderfully witty:
>
>>"ZombyWoof" > wrote in message
>>news

>>> You are having it put on and don't know how much it is
>>> going to cost?
>>> What did you just drop it off at a body shop and say
>>> "Have
>>> it boys"?
>>> In that case the only number I can come up with is a
>>> whole
>>> ****load.
>>> --

>>kinda like what the "HD" in Harley Davidson really stands
>>for.
>>at one time it was "Hundred Dollars"
>>these days, its just plain "High Dollar" :-)
>>
>> g'day ZW
>>

> No ****. Thanks for reminding me that my bike is in the
> shop getting
> ready for the riding season. Anymore I tell fix what
> needs to be
> fixed and call me if your going to bust a grand. I got
> way to many
> calls when I used to tell them to call me @ $500.
> --
>
> "Maybe worshiping the cross and the painful death rather
> than the well lived life really has distorted our sense
> of who we are and what life is about." -- Author unkown

heard that one !
used to have a wrench that would just do whatever he wanted
and tell me
"I thought you would want this"
use to chap my a*s...

better get back on-topic
getting my 84 vette re-painted.
among other things :-)

g'day
--
"Key"

Old March 6th 05, 04:13 AM
RBG Z06

Zorin, about five years ago I had a greenwood full body kit intstalled
on my c4 (86). The kit,installation,and paint job cost me about $2500.
It did make a big difference. I really enjoyed it when I had it. Hope
you will too.

Old March 6th 05, 04:58 AM
Zorin Inc.

Ok then I guess I'm getting robbed. The kit was $1600 from Mold Kraft in
FL, and the body shop quoted me $1750 to paint and install it. And I have a
feeling that they're gonna ask for more because they didn't relize how huge
that tunnel is under the rear end. All I got was the 12 piece kit, without
driving lights, but I did get the C4R wing, Not putting that stupid looking
fake intake on the hood, maybe the hood louvers someday. Here it is
again... http://www.greenwoodvette.com/gc4.htm

Zorin

Old March 6th 05, 03:01 PM
Bob G.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:58:26 -0500, "Zorin Inc." >
wrote:

>Ok then I guess I'm getting robbed. The kit was $1600 from Mold Kraft in
>FL, and the body shop quoted me $1750 to paint and install it. And I have a
>feeling that they're gonna ask for more because they didn't relize how huge
>that tunnel is under the rear end. All I got was the 12 piece kit, without
>driving lights, but I did get the C4R wing, Not putting that stupid looking
>fake intake on the hood, maybe the hood louvers someday. Here it is
>again... http://www.greenwoodvette.com/gc4.htm

====================================
Personally I think the quoted price is pretty damn cheap.... just
ask a number of body shops to quote you a price JUST for painting
all those panels to match your cars exsisting paint....

BTW...the Firebird looking hood scoops are my favorite part of the
package... The high rise hood however is my least favorite feature...

Bob Griffiths
Old March 7th 05, 10:51 AM
ThaDriver

>Ok then I guess I'm getting robbed. The kit was $1600 from Mold Kraft in

FL, and the body shop quoted me $1750 to paint and install it. And I
have
a feeling that they're gonna ask for more because they didn't relize how
huge that tunnel is under the rear end. All I got was the 12 piece kit,
without driving lights, but I did get the C4R wing, Not putting that
stupid
looking fake intake on the hood, maybe the hood louvers someday. Here it
is
again... http://www.greenwoodvette.com/gc4.htm
***********
Sheesh that's what a Greenwood kit is nowadays? The one I installed -
*glassed* onto the car - was the huge flares & integrated bumpers/spoilers
& such. *Major* undertaking.
That's not a bad price if they pre-fit, correct, & prime the parts with
epoxy before painting (using a quality base-coat clear-coat such as
Sikkens) & installing them. In other words a *shop* doing *quality* work.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Old March 8th 05, 05:22 PM
Zorin Inc.

I just got back fom going to check on it at the shop and boy IS IT PRETTY.
The kit came in a dark gray color, he installed the kit and made some cuts
and adjustments so it fit perfect, used some kind of yellow primer on it,
then he repainted everything below that mid level molding line (C4)
competition yellow, and said he has 3 clear coats to put on, he said it
would be finished in the next day or two. I'm glad he decided to repaint
practically my whole car as I had a few rock chips on the front and behind
the tires, he said it would cost $98 over the quote of $1750, not bad for
how smooth it looks. He still had it in the paint booth with tons of light
on it so I crawled around it just looking for something to bitch about and
it looks... WOW!! So far I am WAY more than happy! =) I'd put some
pictures up some place if I had a website.

Zorin

P.S.
My $1600 bought me the Greenwood C4R body kit, as oppossed to the total
Greenwood C4R Conversion kit which is thousands more. The way I understood
it was that the guys at Mold Kraft ( www.greenwoodvette.com/about.htm ) were
in business with John Greenwood before he turned his company (
www.greenwoodcorvettes.com/C4sBodyKits.html ) over to his sons, Tim & Joe.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 9th 05, 01:33 PM
dave

'I'm having a Greenwood C4R body kit put on my 95 coupe, the one from
Mold Kraft in FL. Just wondering about how much something like a
paint/installation should cost and about how long (12pc) it should take
to complete. Please keep the flames low about how I ruined the purity of
my Vettes soul by putting the body kit on it, heh.
Zorin'

REPLY: Your Vette can always be redeemed, but, for your own personal
Salvation, put your trust and Faith in Jesus.

Old March 9th 05, 04:18 PM

Here we go again (to quote a Dead President) Fundy Idiot Dave spouting
off his religious Bull Crap where no one gives a flying
****..............

Old March 13th 05, 03:32 PM
sbright

I know what you're saying but, ever heard of "God helps those who help
themselves."?
So for my salvation, I'll put my trust in my brakes, steering, airbag etc.

Besides, since Jesus died for our sins, I think we're allowed to sin a
little bit...

-Stan

Old March 13th 05, 07:15 PM
Zorin Inc.

Reminds me of when I told my mom I was buying a Vette. She said she didn't
think I should and she said I should "pray about it". hahaha So I guess I
can Thank God for my Corvette!