Bias Against Domestic Cars

Old January 12th 10, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

Default Bias Against Domestic Cars

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:53:04 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:12:10 -0600, "hls" > wrote:
>

>>"Canuck57" > wrote in message news:tES1n.4860
>>>
>>> I bet most Toyota's don't even make them too the lot, family hand me
>>> downs. Parents drive it for 14 years and 200,000 on the odo then give it
>>> to the kids or keep it as a second car.

>>I have been trying to help a friend find one for his wife for the last month
>>or so. Within a 200 mile search radius, there has been nothing on the
>>market recently.
>>
>>He wanted a minivan or SUV for her. There are of course Chrysler products
>>and some GM.

>Go look at a PT cruiser. You can get them new cheap and they are
>quite nice inside. Has all the utility of an SUV. You save enough
>money on the purchase price to more then pay for an extended warranty
>if you want one.

I like mine, but for a little 2.4 4banger it is a bit thirsty.
Old January 12th 10, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:11:46 -0800, SMS >
wrote:

>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> Go look at a PT cruiser. You can get them new cheap and they are
>> quite nice inside. Has all the utility of an SUV. You save enough
>> money on the purchase price to more then pay for an extended warranty
>> if you want one.

>Got one of those as a rental once. What a horrible vehicle.

Horrible how?
Love mine.
Old January 12th 10, 03:26 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
Mike Hunter[_2_]

Where were you dr_jeff in the fifties when Ford was adding new safety
equipment like recessed steering wheels, a padded dash and seat belts to it
cars?

Where you there in the early seventies when the Senate hearing were taking
place? I was and what I posted was factual.

However as always you are free to believe whatever you choose to believe, no
mater how convoluted your reasoning. LOL

Old January 13th 10, 02:35 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

wrote:

>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> Go look at a PT cruiser. You can get them new cheap and they are
>> quite nice inside. Has all the utility of an SUV. You save enough
>> money on the purchase price to more then pay for an extended warranty
>> if you want one.

>Got one of those as a rental once. What a horrible vehicle.

Mine is great except it's only got modest power. Just was in a Camry
today and frankly, except for the wonderful V6 in the Camry there was
nothing nicer about it then my PT. The second Gen PTs (2005 and up I
think) are noticeably better then the first Gen.
Old January 13th 10, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
SMS

Ashton Crusher wrote:

>> Got one of those as a rental once. What a horrible vehicle.

> Mine is great except it's only got modest power.

I think "modest power" is somewhat of an understatement. Compared to a 4
cylinder Camry it's a dog. Accelerating onto I-95 in Florida was terrifying.
Old January 13th 10, 04:01 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:24:55 -0800, SMS >
wrote:

>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>>> Got one of those as a rental once. What a horrible vehicle.

>> Mine is great except it's only got modest power.

>I think "modest power" is somewhat of an understatement. Compared to a 4
>cylinder Camry it's a dog. Accelerating onto I-95 in Florida was terrifying.

with 4 adults and luggage it was Not fast - but it handled the hills
of Cape Breton and Vermont very capably
Flprida is Nothing - it's FLAT
Old February 2nd 10, 04:29 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

wrote:

>Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>>> Got one of those as a rental once. What a horrible vehicle.

>> Mine is great except it's only got modest power.

>I think "modest power" is somewhat of an understatement. Compared to a 4
>cylinder Camry it's a dog. Accelerating onto I-95 in Florida was terrifying.

Camry is about 10 seconds 0 - 60, the PT about 11

It's adequate for it's purpose and in what I consider "normal" driving
I'm the fastest away from the light almost all the time, not because
I'm trying to race, I just don't like starting up slow. I'm not
saying the other vehicles couldn't beat me if we were racing, but very
few people ever accelerate faster then a sloth and the PT can easily
keep up.
Old July 14th 10, 07:40 AM
Jhon Herry Jhon Herry is offline
Junior Member

This is such a broad question with many considerations to view from. In conjunction with many of the answers already said, one that pops up in my mind quickly is that jap. or euro. cars have considerable better resale value rather than american cars.
for those of you that do not know what resale means, think about the word.. "resale". re- means again or over. resale value means how much money you can sell the car..japs. and euros. do not drop that much.