Request help with antique/hsitoric auto insurance

Old August 1st 03, 03:12 PM
Quiet Voice

Default Request help with antique/hsitoric auto insurance

Greetings one and all,

I have a somewhat unique restored historic military vehicle. It has
been modified to be road-legal. I have had it insured through the same
company for three years(progressive). I just found out yesterday that
they have cancelled the policy. I won't go into the ridiculous reasons
they gave (indeed, had I not called them for another reason, I
wouldn't have even found out I'd been cancelled! They claim they sent
a notice out.....to my OLD address despite having on record that I
provided them a chance of address. According to the woman on the
phone, "I'm sorry sir, I guess someone didn't pay attention to the
file....")

Anyway, I'm am looking for advice or suggestions for insurance
companies that might specialize in insuring unique and/or historic
vehicles. Either specific companies or pointers as to how to locate a
good company. It took me *FOREVER* to find this one back a couple of
years ago when I first put the vehicle on the road and the rate seems
kind of high....but I was between a rock and a hard place. I'd like to
find a better company if I can.

Thank you!
Old August 1st 03, 04:03 PM
Chowrunner

One I've seen in my old mags is Hagerty Insurance, specifically for old
vechicles.
Check it at :
http://www.hagerty.com/

Good luck, John

Old August 1st 03, 06:46 PM
The Guy

I have four antique / classic autos insured with Haggerty. They are
good folks to deal with. The policies which they write have
substantially less restrictions on the use of insured vehicles than
other Agencies which I researched.

They even have a road side assistance program which covers flatbed
towing for only $15.00 per year for the policy. All four of my cars on
the policy are covered for that one yearly charge.

Tim

885 kopers voor uw auto moi BMW 0 September 27th 04 12:20 AM
MY BAD GEICO INSURANCE EXPERIENCE ! Nospam 4x4 14 February 2nd 04 02:56 AM
Consumer Advocacy Organization Takes Aim at Auto Repair Shop Rip-offs. Please Help! Kenneth Brotman 4x4 2 January 6th 04 06:21 PM