63 Brake line question

Old November 9th 05, 05:08 AM
lib

Default 63 Brake line question

The car was stored for 22 years. Should I replace the brake metal brake
lines when I replace the metal fuel lines. Does brake fluid degrade and
leave deposits in the lines (as gasoline can)? As there are no visible
cracks, holes, etc. in the lines could I just blow them out w/comp. air when
they are all open to clean them? It isn't a major expense, as I am
re-building the entire brake system (It appears nearly 50% of the cost for
the line is added on for shipping).Of course, all rubber lines, hoses, etc.
for fuel, brakes, and cooling will be replaced. Thanx- Lib

Old November 9th 05, 05:26 AM
WayneC

lib wrote:
> The car was stored for 22 years. Should I replace the brake metal brake
> lines when I replace the metal fuel lines. Does brake fluid degrade and
> leave deposits in the lines (as gasoline can)? As there are no visible
> cracks, holes, etc. in the lines could I just blow them out w/comp. air when
> they are all open to clean them? It isn't a major expense, as I am
> re-building the entire brake system (It appears nearly 50% of the cost for
> the line is added on for shipping).Of course, all rubber lines, hoses, etc.
> for fuel, brakes, and cooling will be replaced. Thanx- Lib

How many times are you going to ask this one?
Old November 9th 05, 04:18 PM
RicSeyler

Don't think he liked the answers so far, LOL I know I wouldn't if I
didn't already know.
That is a bitch of a situation to be in with a new toy...............

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler