02 Civic - CD changer question

Old September 14th 05, 02:47 PM
Nathan Strom

Default 02 Civic - CD changer question

I have an 02 Civic LX 4-door, with the factory (Honda) in-dash radio w/ cassette
and CD (radio/tape is on top, CD player is underneath). The radio controls have
disc+ and disc- buttons, which obviously don't do anything in my current
configuration.

Would it be possible for me upgrade to a CD changer, either by replacing the in-
dash single CD unit with a changer, or by adding a changer to the trunk, and
still keep my existing stock head unit? MP3 and CDRW playback a definite plus
if possible.

I'd rather not change out the radio and have to deal with a snazzy-looking head
unit that's liable to get stolen, have to deal with removing the faceplate each
time I park, etc. so I'd like to stay as close to stock as possible.

My 98 Civic had an aftermarket system with a Toshiba 10-disc changer in the
trunk and a control mounted by the stick; you had to tune the car radio to 89.1
to listen. A bit ghetto, but it worked.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old September 17th 05, 02:18 PM
K Browne

Nathan Strom wrote:

> Would it be possible for me upgrade to a CD changer, either by replacing the in-
> dash single CD unit with a changer, or by adding a changer to the trunk, and
> still keep my existing stock head unit? MP3 and CDRW playback a definite plus
> if possible.

I just bought an OEM (USASPEC) CD/MP3 player for my wife's '02 CIVIC (on
eBay) and the instructions mention a changer that can be installed along
with the single disc player. Not sure if the eBay seller stocks the
changer or not. I believe he DOES ship internationally.

--
clacking the keys in olde Sturbridge village, MA