Thanks...and Bye

Old February 9th 05, 03:51 PM
Barry Schnoor

Default Thanks...and Bye

My '94 SL2 is no more.

After 167,000 mostly trouble-free miles (and no end in sight), a fellow
decided to see how his truck would look in my trunk.

Lots o' damage.

I've enjoyed this forum immensely...the help, the opinions.

I expect I'll be a Saturn owner again someday. As much as I know it's silly
to become attached to 2000 pound hunks of plastic and steel, I loved this
little car.

In particular, I'd like to thank Bandit, Marx404, Napalm and Blah Blah for
their troubleshooting assistance over the years.

Saturns are awesome! Y'all are, too.

Regards,

Barry in C'ville

Old February 9th 05, 04:39 PM
Dan Duncan

Barry Schnoor > wrote:
> My '94 SL2 is no more.

> After 167,000 mostly trouble-free miles (and no end in sight), a fellow
> decided to see how his truck would look in my trunk.

> Lots o' damage.

How about you? Any damage or are you ok?

Sorry to hear about your car. I've greatly enjoyed my 1998 SW2. I always
give Saturn the first look when I'm shopping for another car, but they
sure don't make cars like they used to.

> Barry in C'ville

How is the old burg? I haven't been back in years.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty
Old February 9th 05, 09:56 PM
Jonnie Santos

....I still miss my 97SL2 - the car, history and of course the ng are unique
(to me). Best of luck on the new car/truck/suv (they can be fun too)...

Old February 10th 05, 05:05 AM
Napalm Heart

"Barry Schnoor" > wrote in message
> My '94 SL2 is no more.
>
> After 167,000 mostly trouble-free miles (and no end in sight), a

fellow
> decided to see how his truck would look in my trunk.
>
> Lots o' damage.
>
> I've enjoyed this forum immensely...the help, the opinions.
>
> I expect I'll be a Saturn owner again someday. As much as I know

it's silly
> to become attached to 2000 pound hunks of plastic and steel, I

loved this
> little car.
>
> In particular, I'd like to thank Bandit, Marx404, Napalm and Blah

Blah for
> their troubleshooting assistance over the years.
>
> Saturns are awesome! Y'all are, too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Barry in C'ville

As others have said, I hope the only damage was to metal and plastic
and not flesh and bone.

Thanks for mentioning me. I'm no longer driving a Saturn much, but I
still work on one, as the car is now our son's!

Best Wishes,

Ken Olson

Old February 10th 05, 01:33 PM
Barry Schnoor

Well, since you asked...

every day I take my 5-year old in to Kindergarten on the way to work. It's
20 minutes of good daddy-daughter time...laughing and singing and telling
stories. Last Wednesday she was sick...stayed home. Last Wednesday the car
was totaled. And it was HER corner of the car that got squashed. Can't
convince me there aren't angels.

No real damage to me. A bit sore for a couple days, but that passed
quickly.

Neglected to mention Johnny Santos on my thanks list. Johnny, you helped
troubleshoot my plugged sunroof drains some years ago, I believe.

Y'all be good.

Barry in C'ville

Old February 10th 05, 01:48 PM
marx404

Thanks and sorry if we lose you. Well, the good news is that if you were in
anything but a Saturn, would you be wearing the truck instead of your trusty
old Saturn? ;-)
Ditto for me and a flying tire on I95.

I know what you mean about being passionate about a hunk of plastic & metal,
and maybe it's a "guy thing" (as my wife who loves her '93 SL1 says) but how
can you not love a car that treats you so well for so long, then protects
you from "outside elements", like flying tires, drunk drivers, disctracted
cell-phone conversationalists, stop-sign runners and the inept,
overcompensating SUV driver? (VUE's not included, lol.)

As many Saturns as there are out there, used and new I bet you will again
find a new one to fall in love with. Best of luck and keep in touch!

marx404