code 0341

Old May 25th 04, 01:49 AM
milkdude971

Default code 0341

Hey there ..........i got lots of help the last time and hoping for more
again .....i just got a new code again obdii 0341....camshaft position
sensor.....any suggestions?? seems like this 1999 saturn sl1 is nothing
but troubles ....anyhow any help would be great .
Thank you very much ,
Robert

Old May 25th 04, 02:17 AM
Robert Hancock

Those engines don't actually have a cam position sensor, but the code is
indicating a problem with the compression-sense ignition that performs the
same function (determining which cylinder is on the firing stroke). This
likely indicates that you've got voltage leakage in the ignition system due
to bad plug wires or a bad ignition coil..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

lkaboutautos.com...

Old May 26th 04, 02:27 AM
Kirk Kohnen

If it is the camshaft position sensor code then:

1) The Saturn doesn't actually have a camshaft position sensor per se. It
detects where the cam shaft is by capacitatively coupling to your spark plug
wires for cylinder 1 and cylinder 4.

2) To fix the problem, make sure your wires are good, make sure your plug
are good. and make sure that the wires for cylinder 1 and 4 are correctly
routed. As I recall, there is a little two-space loom that goes on the
cylinder 1 and the cylinder 4 wires near the coil. That part apparently
really matters.

If it were my car, I'd replace the plugs (using anti-seize compound and
dielectric grease) and the wires (again, using dielectric grease at the coil
towers). Then, I'd make sure that the wires were routed correctly.

If the code is being thrown because of carbon tracking on one of the plugs,
then you HAVE to replace both the plugs and the wires. If you only replace
one of them, then the arcing will resume on whatever old part is left where
it was before, and a new arc path will be burned into the new parts you
bought.

Good Luck!