CD/Radio wiring experts...help!

Old May 22nd 04, 01:46 AM
Warren

Default CD/Radio wiring experts...help!

Hey group...
I have a perplexing problem for the wiring experts out there.

Have an '04 Ion. Came with the standard base CD player. I wanted the 6 disc
changer (which I got) but NOT the new 6 disc/mp3 version - so I opted for
last year's with 6 disc changer/cassette. (Some of my favorite music never
made it to CD, so I'd still like to use cassettes on occasion.) Well, the
wiring attachments are different (not a terribly tremendous surprise.) The
plug does not even match up. Close, but no cigar...(sorry Ms. Lewinsky...)

So would the remedy be to find a harness from a 2003 Saturn and splice? Or
are there other alternatives to the dilemma? Is there an adaptor available?
(Sould I ask Saturn?)

Also, the large blue connector on the original was plugged into an adaptor
that narrowed it down to a small white one which plugged into the original
unit. The back of the 6 disc/cassette has 2 different ports: 1 small and one
large. Do both ports need to be connected? (I assume so, but where would the
secondary harness attach?)

I know this is a tricky and laborious problem, but I suspect that others
have tackled it, for many people do change out their sound systems.

Any kind of help (especially if someone out there has specifically done the
same thing in replacing their CD/radio system) is most surely appreciated.

Warren

Old May 22nd 04, 02:12 AM
Jonnie Santos

No experience with a new Saturn - I've use www.crutchfiled.com for my 97.
Adapters, headunit, harness, etc. and great printed diagrams.

Old May 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
Robert Hancock

There is a Saturn TSB on the subject of installing a stereo with tape player
into a 2004/05 vehicle. It says that there are jumper harnesses available to
connect them in, for the ION it's part number 22732130.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

Old May 24th 04, 03:12 AM
AN0NYM0US

"Warren" > wrote in
:

> Hey group...

[..]

> Any kind of help (especially if someone out there has specifically
> done the same thing in replacing their CD/radio system) is most surely
> appreciated.

I just installed a OEM MP3 player on my 2000 S Series few days ago and have
learn a great deal of it...

First Starting from Year 2000 Saturn audio wiring harness seems to be
different than previous years. (The GM Mini harness @ Canadian Tire no
longer works on newer model) I got my (working) wiring harness @ a audio
installer shop (not even Audio 2001 has it, but they called the shop and
gave me the address) There isn't any brand name on it, and it is made in
China.. However I hope the model number on the package helps: GWH-348 (that
for Saturn 2000 anyways)

I think the blue connector you are ralking about is the same as the one I
have got... And the smaller white one, is to the radio unit.

Also the Ign 12V wire seems to be on A6 instead of B2 as indicate on my
package. Once again YMMY.

good luck

1995 Honda Passport - Wiring harness - Technical Question ajpdla Honda 0 November 1st 04 03:40 PM
need a wiring diagram Angie Dodge 0 June 17th 04 03:06 PM
1928 tudor wiring? Hamilton Audio Antique cars 6 May 8th 04 05:15 AM