2002 caravan - airbag light

Old December 29th 05, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 2002 caravan - airbag light

2002 grand caravan sport.... I am getting an airbag light on the dash every
few days or so...Is there anything that commonly goes with this system that
causes problems? I am unfamiliar with the whole airbag thing as most of my
previous cars didn't have any. I do know that they can cost a bundle to fix!

BD

Old December 29th 05, 07:03 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Boondocks wrote:
> 2002 grand caravan sport.... I am getting an airbag light on the dash every
> few days or so...Is there anything that commonly goes with this system that
> causes problems? I am unfamiliar with the whole airbag thing as most of my
> previous cars didn't have any. I do know that they can cost a bundle to fix!

The airbag light generally should light up for a few seconds on startup,
then go away. If it stays on, then there's a problem.

Common issues are bad connections to the crash sensors. If there's a
short or corroded connection to these sensors and you can find and fix
it, then you may ahve solved your problems. You might want to get a
service manual for 02 Grand caravan and look up the location of the
crash sensors.

If the connections all look good, then the other likely problem is with
the bag deployment system itself reporting that something is wrong.
Unless you know exactly what you're doing, you generally don't want to
mess with the pyrotechnics and components involved here; best take it to
a dealer or mechanic that knows a thing or two about airbag systems.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Old December 30th 05, 02:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I have a 99 and it was subject to recall. Turns out the clockspring assy. is
bad and needs to be fixed.
But on the notice from Chrysler they said it was just 98 to 2000 model
years??

I would ask the dealer about it. If you want I'll scan the letter from
Daimler-Chrysler and I could email it to you so you can see for yourself. It
goes into more detail about the problem.
Let me know whats up

Hope this helps

Old December 30th 05, 05:50 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I'll check with the dealer... I have my doubts. I will let you know what I
find out.

BD

2002 T&C Airbag light... Tim Chrysler 1 July 9th 05 02:12 PM
99'T&C no cruise and airbag light stays on Frank Boettcher Chrysler 3 June 28th 05 06:12 PM
Airbag S-Sensor Light DanO Mazda 1 June 28th 05 03:25 PM
[04 Accord] Side Airbag light flickers [email protected] Honda 3 December 29th 04 03:42 PM
Airbag warning light. Alfa71 Alfa Romeo 7 October 26th 04 08:13 PM