2002 Explorer electrical question

Old June 2nd 05, 07:04 PM
Jonah

Default 2002 Explorer electrical question

While looking into an A/C problem, I happened to check the ratings on all the fuses in the high current fuse box under
the hood. Quite a few of them (like 7 or 8) are not the same rating as listed in the owner's manual. Could the manual
be wrong? I can't imagine someone changing that many with different sizes. If I recall correctly, they are all higher
amps than what is called for. There are also fuses installed in some spots that the manual lists as 'Import Only'
circuits (like fog lamps) or for features that I don't have.
Other than the A/C problem, everything is working properly. My question is, should I leave well enough alone, or should
I change the fuses to the sizes listed in the manual?
Old June 3rd 05, 03:10 AM
wth

By all means change them back to what the factory shows in your manual.
Those higher amp fuses will only do one thing: melt insulation off of wiring
causing major shorts/fire.
wth