How many have a trailer?

Old September 12th 04, 11:29 PM
Pacocase

>I use newspapers if I need to transport dirty items (tires come
>to mind) in my Miata.

When I go autocrossing I roll my tires into jumbo garbage bags before loading
them into the passenger area. I found that was easier than newspaper.

When putting new attic windows in a friend's house we put a towel over the
windshield frame so as not to scratch the paint, tied down to the top anchors,
and tied the other end of the windows to the rollbar like a temporary roof. The
other drivers on the way home were very amused, but we got the windows home
safely.

Like Leon, I've found that with determination, you can fit quite a lot into a
miata. For autocrossing I can fit four tires, a 5 gallon air tank, a small
toolbox, a small floor jack, a helmet, and a cooler full of soda.

Paco

97 Montego Blue Miata
91 Toyota Previa
77 Suzuki RE5
Old September 13th 04, 01:36 AM
Lisa

Use a tarp.

Old September 13th 04, 04:55 AM
Chas Hurst

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
But my wife and I go on two-week camping trips with everything in the
> trunk or behind the seats; you need to travel light and own backpacking
> gear. No cooler, either.

Behind the seats? I couldn't fit a copy of Playboy behind the seats in my
'99. And a case of bottled beer won't fit in the trunk.

Chas Hurst

Old September 13th 04, 01:18 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"Chas Hurst" > wrote:

>"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
>But my wife and I go on two-week camping trips with everything in the
>> trunk or behind the seats; you need to travel light and own backpacking
>> gear. No cooler, either.
>>

>Behind the seats? I couldn't fit a copy of Playboy behind the seats in my
>'99. And a case of bottled beer won't fit in the trunk.

From an earlier post of mine:

>The M1 trunk will hold a carry-on bag with shirts for two weeks,
>other clothes for two weeks, extensive toiletries, coat, a bag of
>tools, a box of tools, a hammer and pliers, (in case you have
>aftermarket modifications), air compressor, hub cab wrench, 3'
>ratcheting torque wrench, CB, spare tire and tire-fix spray can,
>phone, portable PC with full-size optical mouse, power and long
>telephone cables, docking station, surge protector, USB hub, 10
>CDs, spare hard-disk, three different battery chargers, can of
>peanuts, bag of pretzels, a couple of thick books, a Rand McNally,
>basic office supplies, basic medical stuff, a roll of paper towels,
>a quart of motor oil (see modification notice), the owners manual
>(the dash contains my 20 Gb CD player, digital camera, GPS,
>sunscreen, paperwork, flash light, and some maps), a couple of
>soft-wall coolers, 35 bottles of quality beer, a bottle of wine and
>two bottles of Tio Pepe.

>Chas Hurst

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old September 13th 04, 01:50 PM

>Good points. There is a surprising amount of room behind the seats, even
>with the top up.

Sounds like there is more cargo hauling capacity in a
Miata than there is my Protege by the very nature that
the top can come compleye;t down!
Old September 14th 04, 01:35 AM
Ken Lyons

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote
> The point is those bike trailers don't hold anything you can't put in
> the passenger seat, if the need is only occasional.

Yeah, but you can sleep in this one:
http://www.quicksilvertrailers.com/sportscars.htm
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old September 14th 04, 01:40 AM
Ken Lyons

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote:
>The M1 trunk will hold......[lines and lines snipped]

And where is Per Nielsen with photos of his beer run to Belgium?

Old September 14th 04, 02:31 PM
Randy Maheux

For those who want a utility trailer, check out Harbor Freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/
They offer several sizes and the prices are reasonable, especially when on
sale (which they often are).

Randy