Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

Old November 16th 05, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

Default Flashing 4X4 wheel dash light help....

2000 4X4 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L OHV - 6 cylinders - 67,000 miles.

I am having a problem with the 4-wheel drive flashing dash light. It
blinks 6x when I start the car and thereafter a blink every minute or
so. The 4-wheel drive works so I am at a mystery as to what this
means. Can anyone help? Do you know what the flashing code means?

Thanks … Hank

Old November 16th 05, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

Haven't been able to find the code meanings online, try a
haynes/chilton manual, or see if you can sweet-talk your dealer into
looking it up.

Or, a little work with google might turn the trick.

Dave

Old November 16th 05, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

Sounds like you'll need to have the codes pulled.

Old November 17th 05, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

this is a little ole trick of the dealers that is basically the same as
the "change engine oil" or "maitenance required" lights . the dealer
has these installed to hopefully bring you back to their shops for
service. there are reset procedures for all of these lights, however i
am not privvy to the exact steps for the four wheel drive . try calling
the service manager at your local ford dealership and ask for the reset
procedure. i'm pretty sure that it will require no tools at all.just a
certain way you need to press the accelerator so many times or push a
couple of buttons at the same time that you turn the key on...etc.
don't let them "fool" you into thinking that you have a problem. all
they will do is drain and replace the transfer case fluid, and do a
simple oil change on the diff's.

Old November 17th 05, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

"plainoldmechanic"

Your funny..........

ups.com...

Old November 17th 05, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

And I forgot.....

Paranoid

Old November 17th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

You have to put your foil hat on first, then press the accelerator slowly 6
times within 2 seconds, pressing the brake pedal 1/4" between presses of the
accelerator all while turning the cruise on and off rapidly. Oh, and you
have to be tuned into 108.1 on the FM radio.

Steve

Old November 17th 05, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

Don't forget the car has to be pointed due north or none of this will work!

Old November 17th 05, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

Now there's some bull****. "the dealer has these installed...."
ROTFLMMFAO!!!

Old November 17th 05, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford

I'm sure a guy like plainolmechanic already has his foil hat AND shoe liners
on.