Adding 2003+ front window trim to 2001 TJ

Old January 13th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Adding 2003+ front window trim to 2001 TJ

I'm in the process of adding the 2003 (and newer) window trim to my
2001 TJ. I have the side pieces on, and slots marked for the top
piece.

I've got the sunvisors here, but need to figure out how they attach to
the jeep.

Anyone have a recent service manual that shows the attachment, or would
mind taking off either the drive or passenger side sun visor and taking
a picture of the mounting surface?

Also the factor bolt used for the sun visors is not available for order
from mopar, so if anyone could describe that I'd appreciate it. It
looks like it should be a torx header, with a collar and finally a
self-tapping screw to go into the frame, but I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks!
--Mark

Old January 14th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Just curious as to why you would want to do this. I'd rather not have
all that plastic there.
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old January 14th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I am doing it because I added the auto-dimming/compass mirror. I had
the wiring hanging there for almost 2 years, before I decided I
couldn't stand it anymore and went this route.

With just the side molding up, it looks _so_ much better then it did.
The only problem is the original sun visors don't fit with the molding,
so I had to get new sun visors.. and now I have to figure out how to
install them.

Old January 14th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Ah, gotcha. A lot of people consider that mirror fluff, but I like mine.
My XJ doesn't have one and I keep looking up for temp and stuff anyway.
The kids like to use the compass/temp too. I just wish they'd
found a less invasive solution to hide the wires. I'm a old CJ guy and
miss the barren interiors and flat dashes.

fray wrote:
> I am doing it because I added the auto-dimming/compass mirror. I had
> the wiring hanging there for almost 2 years, before I decided I
> couldn't stand it anymore and went this route.
>
> With just the side molding up, it looks _so_ much better then it did.
> The only problem is the original sun visors don't fit with the molding,
> so I had to get new sun visors.. and now I have to figure out how to
> install them.

2003 Grand Caravan Sport 3.3 - clunck in the front cosza Chrysler 16 November 26th 04 10:14 PM
2001 525i eating front lamps ? Brass Hopper BMW 0 October 25th 04 06:06 PM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM
Alfa 33 front window [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 21st 04 08:59 AM