Camp Jeep at Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)

Old August 9th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pete Stolz

Default Camp Jeep at Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)

Anybody ever done the Camp Jeep deal? Just wondering if it's worth the
$395. Looks pretty cool from the website.

--
Pete
'84 CJ-7 with a bunch of engine mods & 31s. Looks pretty stock from the

Old August 14th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Red Jeep

I just returned from Camp Jeep. Definitely worth the admission price. Many
people have attended for years (this was the 12th year). That's a testament
to the value of the event. Folks said that this year was not as good as
previous years, but I cannot speak to that as it was my first.

People attended from all ove the US & parts of Canada. They had a map that
you could mark with your home. I saw CJ5s, CJ7s, CJ8s, YJs, TJs, XJs, KJs
(Liberties), WJs (Grands), and XKs (Commanders) on the trails. I didn't see
any flatties or trucks (e.g., J10) on the trails. I did see Jeepsters and
other models in the parking lots.

There were many JKs available to look at, sit in and drive (Jeep 101). I
drove a 2 door on the Jeep 101 course. I still haven't figured out how I
feel about the JK.

They had SRT-8 Grand Cherokees available to drive on the race course. You
followed a pro race diver in a pace car. The SRT-8 Grands really go!

All seven 2007 models were on display: Commander, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler,
Wrangler Unlimited, Liberty Compass, & Patriot.

Jeep put on a good show and really listened to feedback from the customers.

"Pete Stolz" > wrote in news:SqaCg.3910$1f6.1070
@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Old August 14th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Brandonb

Red Jeep wrote:

> All seven 2007 models were on display: Commander, Grand Cherokee, Wrangler,
> Wrangler Unlimited, Liberty Compass, & Patriot.

How'd you feel about the Compass and the Patriot?

Brandonb
Old August 14th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Red Jeep

To be honest, I didn't give them a second glance. I think that they will
be good vehicles, but they just don't appeal to me. They will fill niches
in the market and may draw people into the Jeep brand that might have not
have considered it before.

The Patriot is a entry-level small SUV, probably meant to compete with
the RAV4.

The Compass will be marketed to a young, urban consumer. If they haven't
aired yet, you will soon see bobble-head ads on TV soon.

Sorry that I didn't spend more time checking them out...

Brandonb > wrote in
:

Old August 15th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Pete Stolz

I went this time because it was in the neighborhood (we have a condo in
Elkhart Lake). It was pretty cool, but IMO, it was not very well organized
and difficult to plan for things that you needed to sign up for. That took
away from the value of the program. I did get to do a bunch of cool stuff,
but it was work and confusion to get there--certainly more than was
necessary had the communications department been more organized. The trail
rides and activities were tons of fun. Overall, I would have been REALLY
****ed had I traveled from several states away like a lot of folks did.
--
Pete
'84 CJ-7 with a bunch of engine mods. Looks pretty stock from the outside.

"Red Jeep" > wrote in message

> I just returned from Camp Jeep. Definitely worth the admission price. Many
> people have attended for years (this was the 12th year). That's a
> testament
> to the value of the event. Folks said that this year was not as good as
> previous years, but I cannot speak to that as it was my first.
>
> People attended from all ove the US & parts of Canada. They had a map that
> you could mark with your home. I saw CJ5s, CJ7s, CJ8s, YJs, TJs, XJs, KJs
> (Liberties), WJs (Grands), and XKs (Commanders) on the trails. I didn't
> see
> any flatties or trucks (e.g., J10) on the trails. I did see Jeepsters and
> other models in the parking lots.
>
> There were many JKs available to look at, sit in and drive (Jeep 101). I
> drove a 2 door on the Jeep 101 course. I still haven't figured out how I
> feel about the JK.
>
> They had SRT-8 Grand Cherokees available to drive on the race course. You
> followed a pro race diver in a pace car. The SRT-8 Grands really go!
>
> All seven 2007 models were on display: Commander, Grand Cherokee,
> Wrangler,
> Wrangler Unlimited, Liberty Compass, & Patriot.
>
> Jeep put on a good show and really listened to feedback from the
> customers.
>

> "Pete Stolz" > wrote in news:SqaCg.3910$1f6.1070
> @newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> Anybody ever done the Camp Jeep deal? Just wondering if it's worth the
>> $395. Looks pretty cool from the website.

warman gets paid oil money [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 June 7th 05 09:19 PM
Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
2004 Jeep GC 4X4 stalls on city road uniskae Jeep 5 February 2nd 05 02:38 AM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
2004 Jeep GC 4X4 stalls on city road uniskae Jeep 22 December 10th 04 05:04 AM