Vote on New Audis' Styling

Old May 8th 06, 02:08 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Vote on New Audis' Styling

Like most of you, the new styling has grown on me. When I first saw the
new grille in photos it didn't do much for me, but in person it's a
different deal. The 2006 A4 loaner I had last week looked great in my
driveway.... I'm not crazy about the A4 and A6 rear end styling - the
A4 looks like previous-generation Honda Civic and the A6 looks like a
Saturn L-Series. They need to be a little more aggresive with the back
of the car. But the single-frame grill has grown on me for sure. I
think Audi foresaw that a lot of lesser cars are now going with their
old 2-grill look - see the Chevy Impala front end for a dead ringer!

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old May 10th 06, 03:50 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

I personally find the new style pretty ugly, and a bunch of my buds think it
is too. One of my bosses is looking for an S4, but it has to be the older
design. It is growing on me a bit, but only that I don't hate it as much as
I used to. I have an '04 S4 so maybe I'm a bit biased to the
"pre-horse-collar" era. It just looks like the new ones are sticking their
tongues out. The new-style BMWs are altogether hideous. I mean what the
hell were they thinking?

Old May 10th 06, 03:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

THAT is pretty cool. It really does make a huge difference, and get rid of
the "sticking-its-tongue-out" look. Very nice.
Pete

"Doug Warner" > wrote in message

I don't like it, but I'm still buying an A3. I plan to minimize the
fishmouth by painting the chrome "frame" and the cross bar body color
(black)
You can see an animated example he
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/Grille.gif

Fortunately, my state doesn't require a front plate.

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Old May 10th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

TonyKiz wrote:
> Come on, out with it,
> how do YOU feel about all this?

I don't know about you, but when I drive a car, I tend to sit on the
*inside*, not the outside, which means you don't really get to see much
of the exterior. So who cares what it looks like?

--
Mike Smith
Old May 11th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

How can anyone not think that this is an amazing-looking car??

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...arams=Itemnr=1

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old May 12th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I can, for one. I have no problem with the rest of the styling on the new
models, it's just that ugly horse collar front end.

The new grill looks alot better on the new TT because it's a lot less tall
since the car is more low-slung. On the other models, it looks too tall
(that's why the split grill looked so good because it made the front end
look more wide rather than tall. The new front grill gives the car a
locomotive look -- not exactly what I would call stylish, more like garish.

ups.com...

Old May 12th 06, 07:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I do, for one. Everytime I walk into the garage or up to my car in a parking
lot, I get an "what a beautiful car" feeling. I don't want to walk up to my
car and have a "argh, but at least it's nice inside" feeling -- it's called
balance, something that Audi had up until now....

And as far as styling growing on you, I think that's a case of denial. I
think that what you are actually saying is that you learn to settle for
something less than what you really wanted.

Old May 12th 06, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

TonyKiz wrote:
> I do, for one. Everytime I walk into the garage or up to my car in a parking
> lot, I get an "what a beautiful car" feeling. I don't want to walk up to my
> car and have a "argh, but at least it's nice inside" feeling -- it's called
> balance, something that Audi had up until now....
>
> And as far as styling growing on you, I think that's a case of denial. I
> think that what you are actually saying is that you learn to settle for
> something less than what you really wanted.

Arrogant much?

--
Mike Smith
Old May 12th 06, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

TonyKiz wrote:
> And as far as styling growing on you, I think that's a case of denial.

Absolute rubbish. I much prefer the new styling over the old, if you
don't then fine, but don't force your objections on others as if there
is something wrong with them for having that opinion.

> think that what you are actually saying is that you learn to settle for
> something less than what you really wanted.

The new style IS what I want, so much so that I'll be selling my "old
style" car for the new one. Hardly in denial.

Old May 13th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

It's obvious that there are some strong opinions on the subject. My
intention was just to get them out in the open rather than tippy-toeing
around the subject.

Thanks for all the voting.

Audi remains the best car on the road bar none, on that I certainly agree
with everyone!

"Graham" > wrote in message
> TonyKiz wrote:
> > And as far as styling growing on you, I think that's a case of denial.

> Absolute rubbish. I much prefer the new styling over the old, if you
> don't then fine, but don't force your objections on others as if there
> is something wrong with them for having that opinion.

> > think that what you are actually saying is that you learn to settle for
> > something less than what you really wanted.

> The new style IS what I want, so much so that I'll be selling my "old
> style" car for the new one. Hardly in denial.

new "S-Audi" High Gas-Prices ? At Least For A Good Cost Solid Silver Audis For Dubai [email protected] Audi 3 February 15th 06 04:21 PM
VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, December 2005 Archie Leach Driving 0 January 1st 06 05:06 PM
FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Forbes Poll. Best SB commercial. Vote for mustang Paul Ford Mustang 5 February 9th 05 12:26 PM
Audis Not Reliable after 100,000 kilometers?? Dan Eilerman Audi 9 August 18th 04 08:28 PM