A total trailer queen, but...

Old January 25th 05, 09:04 AM

I fuhj33r j00r l33t t0k k1dd13 h4x0r

-M1k3

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

"Hucklebuck" > wrote in message
. com...
> ok... take a moment... gather some courage... now climb down off your
> pedestal. Another ASSumption. y0u 0bv10sly r43lly n33d t0 g3t l41d...
> but if you're anything like I picture you, I can understand why it's not
> happening.
>
> What would Jesus do? (for a Klondike Bar)
>
> Laurie S. wrote:
> > "Hucklebuck" > wrote in message
> > . com...
> >
> >>Okay, I'm not going to get into a ****ing contest. I already know I can
> >>**** farther.
> >>How do I know it was obviously a typo... try this out for me. Open your
> >>best most expensive word processing program. Type in there "concours".
> >>Now hit the SPELL CHECK button. Tell me what happens. If the guy had
> >>half a brain and decided to spell check his web page before he posted it
> >>so that a simple mistake like tihs didn't end up in his page, he
> >>probably unknowingly correct the word "concours" for "concourse" [sic]
> >><-- how do ya like that one
> >>Sorry I didn't know what [sic] means, I'm a soldier, I'm paid to kill,
> >>not to learn how to write like a journalist.

> > ROTFLMAO!!! You rely on Spell Check? One of the most worthless

programs

Old January 25th 05, 04:00 PM
CobraJet

In article > ,
Hucklebuck > wrote:

> ok... take a moment... gather some courage... now climb down off your
> pedestal. Another ASSumption. y0u 0bv10sly r43lly n33d t0 g3t l41d...
> but if you're anything like I picture you, I can understand why it's not
> happening.

Yo, Bucka****. If you're anything like *I* picture you, masturbating
to Soldier of Fortune before you join your boyfriends at Porky's
Paintball Park does not make for a bad-ass mercenary. Someone really in
that occupation sure wouldn't start bragging about it from the git go,
much less spew childish **** at an MCA judge. You're nothing but
another meat puppet twister playing with his first Xmas 'puter.

> What would Jesus do? (for a Klondike Bar)

He'd jam a stick up your sphinct and twirl your pathetic carcass
over a fire, Twinkie.

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old January 25th 05, 04:50 PM

I need to change underwear... that one made me laugh too hard..

-Mike

Old January 25th 05, 09:04 PM
Wound Up

I literally just had a coughing fit (whew, deep breath)

I'm bowing out; this is gonna get good.

wrote:
> I need to change underwear... that one made me laugh too hard..
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> Cold air intake
> FRPP 3.73 gears
> Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
> Hi-speed fan switch
> 255/60R-15 rear tires
> Subframe connectors
> Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant
>

> "CobraJet" > wrote in message
>
>>In article > ,
>>Hucklebuck > wrote:
>>

>>>ok... take a moment... gather some courage... now climb down off your
>>>pedestal. Another ASSumption. y0u 0bv10sly r43lly n33d t0 g3t l41d...
>>>but if you're anything like I picture you, I can understand why it's not
>>>happening.

>> Yo, Bucka****. If you're anything like *I* picture you, masturbating
>>to Soldier of Fortune before you join your boyfriends at Porky's
>>Paintball Park does not make for a bad-ass mercenary. Someone really in
>>that occupation sure wouldn't start bragging about it from the git go,
>>much less spew childish **** at an MCA judge. You're nothing but
>>another meat puppet twister playing with his first Xmas 'puter.
>>

>>>What would Jesus do? (for a Klondike Bar)

>> He'd jam a stick up your sphinct and twirl your pathetic carcass
>>over a fire, Twinkie.

.rr.com...

--
Wound Up

1967 Mustang Coupe, restored & modified

"A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist." - Anonymous

Old January 25th 05, 09:26 PM
Wound Up

>>Dan wrote:

>>>How about a '69 Mach I R code?
>>>http://www.volocars.com/showroom/sho...g/T-Bird&show=
>>>
>>>Oh, my head. I wish I had the money. If you're ever in the area, this is
>>>a great place to visit. Wear a bib.

>>That's simply gorgeous. What a ride!
>>
>>Yes, on our next trip to Chicago, I will have to check that place out.
>>Baseball games are fine, but there are priorities!
>>

> Volo is just a short ride from my house. I could live there. I don't have a
> Mustang anymore but I've had the Jones pretty bad lately. I can't decide if
> I want a late 60's Mach I or wait for the '06 Cobra.

That would be an easy decision for me, at least...

Every now and then I
> think about a late '80's - early 90's 5.0 project car. They all have their
> plusses and minuses. The '06 SVT Cobra has the advantage of being the
> perfect car since it hasn't been built yet.

Hmm... I know what you mean, but I would prefer to wait a year or two
and see what happens with any new model. Of course, there are things
like the R models (like the 95 351R), but even if I were going to drop
that on a new Cobra I'd want to see some independent review.

The vintage 'stangs to me are
> the best looking, prolly cause of my age. But they can't hold a candle to
> the new cars performance wise.

Again, we differ in opinion here. Performance to me doesn't -just- mean
road test numbers. And I'm quite sure an R-code, 4-speed Mach would run
that Cobra in the 1/4 quite handily. My carbureted, pushrod small block
can edge stock pre-05 GTs. And it wasn't $25,000 with the taxes and the
insurance and all that. Much more fun IMO. With the five-speed, I
dared 130 once, but it got floaty so I shut it down. Then I did it in
the other direction to verify New Mustangs are very watered down in
terms of visceral experience. I like the wail of 4 barrels on WOT. I
like the ability to fling the ass end out in a cloud of tire smoke when
I want to. I don't like tires at $250 each. I like the feel, the
smell, the sound, the stance and the presence of my '67. I like to tune
it, improve it, and to know it stem-to-stern from having worked on it...
it's just my preference, I'm not saying there's a right and wrong.
There's a lot to be said for simplicity IMO.

The Fox body 5.0's are kinda ugly, but I know
> the car inside out, and I regret selling my '88 5.0 LX notchback. I paid
> $11,700.00 for it and with a few cheapo mods, it was a lot of bang for the
> buck. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to wait until I see the SVT. I figure
> word will be out by mid summer.

79-93 Foxes... I like 'em, but not enough to lust for one. I went to
Bondurant in 91 and wrung the snot out of them for four days, so I do
have an appreciation. And yeah, they were definitely a lot of bang for
the buck. I wish there were cars priced and equipped like that now.
Unfortunately auto prices have outpaced inflation for far too long now.
It's a damned shame. Everything got overbundled and complicated. The
5.0LX was one of the last "basic car with the good engine" models you
could get, anywhere. And they do have potential.

> So you play baseball or watch?

Just watch. Cards fan. Aching to forget last season. Played as a kid,
but beer-league softball is all now.

Old January 27th 05, 06:41 AM
Dan

"Wound Up" > wrote in message
>>>Dan wrote:

<snip>

>> Volo is just a short ride from my house. I could live there. I don't have
>> a Mustang anymore but I've had the Jones pretty bad lately. I can't
>> decide if I want a late 60's Mach I or wait for the '06 Cobra.

> That would be an easy decision for me, at least...
>
> Every now and then I
>> think about a late '80's - early 90's 5.0 project car. They all have
>> their plusses and minuses. The '06 SVT Cobra has the advantage of being
>> the perfect car since it hasn't been built yet.

> Hmm... I know what you mean, but I would prefer to wait a year or two and
> see what happens with any new model. Of course, there are things like the
> R models (like the 95 351R), but even if I were going to drop that on a
> new Cobra I'd want to see some independent review.

I remember standing at the dealer with my wife looking at the 351R and she's
saying let's buy it. We had just sold the '88 and we both missed it. I don't
know WTF, I was thinking that day. Actually, I was thinking it was too much
money for what you were getting. It looks like a great deal today.

> The vintage 'stangs to me are
>> the best looking, prolly cause of my age. But they can't hold a candle to
>> the new cars performance wise.

> Again, we differ in opinion here. Performance to me doesn't -just- mean
> road test numbers. And I'm quite sure an R-code, 4-speed Mach would run
> that Cobra in the 1/4 quite handily. My carbureted, pushrod small block
> can edge stock pre-05 GTs. And it wasn't $25,000 with the taxes and the
> insurance and all that. Much more fun IMO. With the five-speed, I dared
> 130 once, but it got floaty so I shut it down. Then I did it in the other
> direction to verify New Mustangs are very watered down in terms of
> visceral experience. I like the wail of 4 barrels on WOT. I like the
> ability to fling the ass end out in a cloud of tire smoke when I want to.
> I don't like tires at $250 each. I like the feel, the smell, the sound,
> the stance and the presence of my '67. I like to tune it, improve it, and
> to know it stem-to-stern from having worked on it... it's just my
> preference, I'm not saying there's a right and wrong. There's a lot to be
> said for simplicity IMO.

No doubt. And there's no substitute for a big block. But, the old cars don't
handle like a new one. But the new ones don't bring back any memories. Every
time I see a '67 Fastback, I think about a buddy of mine that got killed on
a bike. We spent a fair amount of time wrenching on that '67 in his
driveway, and he loved that car. I came really close to buying a 69 R code
at Volo. It wasn't all original, had some performance mods, numbers didn't
match, and had a few small cosmetic issues, so in other words, I could
afford it. I thought about it for a couple of days and it was gone. That's
the other advantage of new I suppose, you can get what you want.

> The Fox body 5.0's are kinda ugly, but I know
>> the car inside out, and I regret selling my '88 5.0 LX notchback. I paid
>> $11,700.00 for it and with a few cheapo mods, it was a lot of bang for
>> the buck. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to wait until I see the SVT. I
>> figure word will be out by mid summer.

> 79-93 Foxes... I like 'em, but not enough to lust for one. I went to
> Bondurant in 91 and wrung the snot out of them for four days, so I do have
> an appreciation. And yeah, they were definitely a lot of bang for the
> buck. I wish there were cars priced and equipped like that now.
> Unfortunately auto prices have outpaced inflation for far too long now.
> It's a damned shame. Everything got overbundled and complicated. The
> 5.0LX was one of the last "basic car with the good engine" models you
> could get, anywhere. And they do have potential.

I agree. Who ever would have thought that a $25,000.00 car would be
considered "bang for the buck". Plus all of this extra stuff adds weight.

>> So you play baseball or watch?

> Just watch. Cards fan. Aching to forget last season. Played as a kid,
> but beer-league softball is all now.

I'm originally from out east. I'm a Yankee fan and the wife is a Red Sox
fan. You don't know nothing about aching to forget last season. Payback is a
bitch.

Dan

Old January 28th 05, 03:49 PM
Nicodemus Telrenner

"Dan" > wrote in :

> "Wound Up" > wrote in message
>> Man oh man...
>>
>> It would have creases in the top
>> And a little dirt on the paint
>> And my forever ****-eating grin behind its wheel
>>
>> (Wipes drool from bottom lip)
>>
>> http://www.cars-on-line.com/17262.html
>>
>> --
>> Wound Up
>>
>> 1967 Mustang Coupe, restored & modified
>>
>> "A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist." - Anonymous
>>

> How about a '69 Mach I R code?
> http://www.volocars.com/showroom/sho...nhs=0&make=mus
> tang/T-Bird&show=
>
> Oh, my head. I wish I had the money. If you're ever in the area, this
> is a great place to visit. Wear a bib.
>
> Dan

Oh....drooooool.....

Man....my dream car, sitting right there (except for the white interior).
Old February 1st 05, 12:41 AM
Wound Up

> <snip>
>
>>>Volo is just a short ride from my house. I could live there. I don't have
>>>a Mustang anymore but I've had the Jones pretty bad lately. I can't
>>>decide if I want a late 60's Mach I or wait for the '06 Cobra.

>>That would be an easy decision for me, at least...
>>
>>Every now and then I
>>
>>>think about a late '80's - early 90's 5.0 project car. They all have
>>>their plusses and minuses. The '06 SVT Cobra has the advantage of being
>>>the perfect car since it hasn't been built yet.

>>Hmm... I know what you mean, but I would prefer to wait a year or two and
>>see what happens with any new model. Of course, there are things like the
>>R models (like the 95 351R), but even if I were going to drop that on a
>>new Cobra I'd want to see some independent review.

> I remember standing at the dealer with my wife looking at the 351R and she's
> saying let's buy it. We had just sold the '88 and we both missed it. I don't
> know WTF, I was thinking that day. Actually, I was thinking it was too much
> money for what you were getting. It looks like a great deal today.

Ooh... well, you can still find one!!

>>The vintage 'stangs to me are
>>
>>>the best looking, prolly cause of my age. But they can't hold a candle to
>>>the new cars performance wise.

>>Again, we differ in opinion here. Performance to me doesn't -just- mean
>>road test numbers. And I'm quite sure an R-code, 4-speed Mach would run
>>that Cobra in the 1/4 quite handily. My carbureted, pushrod small block
>>can edge stock pre-05 GTs. And it wasn't $25,000 with the taxes and the
>>insurance and all that. Much more fun IMO. With the five-speed, I dared
>>130 once, but it got floaty so I shut it down. Then I did it in the other
>>direction to verify New Mustangs are very watered down in terms of
>>visceral experience. I like the wail of 4 barrels on WOT. I like the
>>ability to fling the ass end out in a cloud of tire smoke when I want to.
>>I don't like tires at $250 each. I like the feel, the smell, the sound,
>>the stance and the presence of my '67. I like to tune it, improve it, and
>>to know it stem-to-stern from having worked on it... it's just my
>>preference, I'm not saying there's a right and wrong. There's a lot to be
>>said for simplicity IMO.

> No doubt. And there's no substitute for a big block. But, the old cars don't
> handle like a new one.

Without a doubt. You can fling a new one around very irresponsibly
compared to the deliberate, skilled hands needed to muscle around an
early one. I enjoy that, because you're more involved with the driving
it seems. Driving them is an event anyway. But the old front ends were
crap, let's just be honest about it. Structural integrity of the cars
is questionable in several places, they bump-steer horribly, and have
other bad manners as well. I have taken mine tear-assing down a twisty
rural highway I know well, with the leaves gone, so I could see through
corners, and yeah it would -do- what I wanted, but it was work. It gave
me a shot of adrenalyine a couple times with its skittishness. The
smoking, uphill, 3rd-gear back-and-forth was fun, but you'd better set
up correctly, and dare not think of lifting the gas while leaning on it.
I got a reminder of that with a not-so-fun slide. Better not
overcorrect, either. Here I am, physically wrestling this car along,
and meanwhile, bro-in-law is one-handing is ahead of me in his SS Camaro
(sorry, that sounded bad). Manual steering is both better and worse in
the old ones.

But the new ones don't bring back any memories. Every
> time I see a '67 Fastback, I think about a buddy of mine that got killed on
> a bike. We spent a fair amount of time wrenching on that '67 in his
> driveway, and he loved that car. I came really close to buying a 69 R code
> at Volo. It wasn't all original, had some performance mods, numbers didn't
> match, and had a few small cosmetic issues, so in other words, I could
> afford it. I thought about it for a couple of days and it was gone. That's
> the other advantage of new I suppose, you can get what you want.

True... and sometimes I do long for the turn-key EFI easiness. I know
I'd get bored with it. Wish I could have both. Hell, I'd have one of
each era (except 74-78) if I had enough $$

>>The Fox body 5.0's are kinda ugly, but I know
>>
>>>the car inside out, and I regret selling my '88 5.0 LX notchback. I paid
>>>$11,700.00 for it and with a few cheapo mods, it was a lot of bang for
>>>the buck. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to wait until I see the SVT. I
>>>figure word will be out by mid summer.

>>79-93 Foxes... I like 'em, but not enough to lust for one. I went to
>>Bondurant in 91 and wrung the snot out of them for four days, so I do have
>>an appreciation. And yeah, they were definitely a lot of bang for the
>>buck. I wish there were cars priced and equipped like that now.
>>Unfortunately auto prices have outpaced inflation for far too long now.
>>It's a damned shame. Everything got overbundled and complicated. The
>>5.0LX was one of the last "basic car with the good engine" models you
>>could get, anywhere. And they do have potential.

> I agree. Who ever would have thought that a $25,000.00 car would be
> considered "bang for the buck". Plus all of this extra stuff adds weight.

Marketing guys in Dearborn, I imagine.

>>>So you play baseball or watch?

>>Just watch. Cards fan. Aching to forget last season. Played as a kid,
>>but beer-league softball is all now.

> I'm originally from out east. I'm a Yankee fan and the wife is a Red Sox
> fan. You don't know nothing about aching to forget last season. Payback is a
> bitch.

True enough. I have no idea.
I'm an expatriated tri-state-area guy, formerly a Yanks fan. Dissing
the Sox is sort of automatic to me.

I wish they hadn't lured Renteria away. And the Yanks got Womack.
The Sox had to win sometime, just WHY against the Cards, in our best
season in years and years?

RUN, SUPPAN, RUN!!!

Dammit.