A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Alfa Romeo
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

re cigar lighter not working

Old July 9th 05, 07:37 PM
nipi
external usenet poster

Default re cigar lighter not working

Hi all

after my cigar lighter stopped working I took the car to the dealer? before taking the car to the dealer I looked at the fuse in question and it was in perfect condition, I even replaced with a new one to make sure that it was not the fuse.

after one hour at the dealer I was told it was the fuse, and I replied that the fuse was ok as I looked at it before taking the car there.

the dealer wanted to charge me £47.00 for one hour labour because they said that they had to trace the fault trough the wiring system to the fuse, I replied that the fuse should have been the first place to look something that should take five minutes not one hour.

I flatly refused to pay as the car is only one year old.

the lady at the reception desk also told me that fuses are only guaranteed for the first two months of the warranty something that I find unbelievable.

in the end they caved in because they must realized that I was not going to accept paying for a ghost fault

the moral of the story is whatever your dealer tells you always be cautious.

Nipi
Ads
Old July 15th 05, 10:04 PM
John, UK.
external usenet poster

Hi Nipi,
If I were you I wouldn't pay any labour costs when the car is only 1
year old, Alfa warranty is for parts and labour. If the fuse's are not
covered pay for the fuse only, then ask if the work they have done, is
done with any warranty that it will not happen again. I bet they do not
promise that.
John UK.