re cigar lighter not working

Old July 9th 05, 07:37 PM
nipi

Default re cigar lighter not working

Hi all

after my cigar lighter stopped working I took the car to the dealer? before taking the car to the dealer I looked at the fuse in question and it was in perfect condition, I even replaced with a new one to make sure that it was not the fuse.

after one hour at the dealer I was told it was the fuse, and I replied that the fuse was ok as I looked at it before taking the car there.

the dealer wanted to charge me £47.00 for one hour labour because they said that they had to trace the fault trough the wiring system to the fuse, I replied that the fuse should have been the first place to look something that should take five minutes not one hour.

I flatly refused to pay as the car is only one year old.

the lady at the reception desk also told me that fuses are only guaranteed for the first two months of the warranty something that I find unbelievable.

in the end they caved in because they must realized that I was not going to accept paying for a ghost fault

the moral of the story is whatever your dealer tells you always be cautious.

Nipi
Old July 15th 05, 10:04 PM
John, UK.

Hi Nipi,
If I were you I wouldn't pay any labour costs when the car is only 1
year old, Alfa warranty is for parts and labour. If the fuse's are not
covered pay for the fuse only, then ask if the work they have done, is
done with any warranty that it will not happen again. I bet they do not
promise that.
John UK.

Cigarette lighter socket extensions? Tom Harvey Alfa Romeo 8 July 11th 05 03:55 PM
NSR: Throttle not working all of a sudden! pw Simulators 1 March 7th 05 12:55 AM
Cherokee lighter repair RGNY216 Jeep 1 December 19th 04 05:39 AM
Jeep lighter repair RGNY216 Jeep 1 December 19th 04 05:21 AM
Help! Front windshield wipers stopped working! GA Jeep 12 December 12th 04 04:35 PM