A/C duct problem?

Old July 8th 05, 01:24 AM
Michael D. Henderson

Default A/C duct problem?

I have a new (~2500 miles) Rubicon Unlimited. I have noticed that
the A/C blows air out from around the radio as well as the vents. Is
this normal, or do I have a leak? Also, there is air coming from down
around my feet even when the selection is set to a pictogram that shows
only air from the dash vents. Again, is this indicative of a problem?
I'm about to take it in for its first service and don't want to be BS'd
when I mention this to the "service advisor".

Thanks,
mdh

Old July 8th 05, 01:28 AM
Jeff Strickland

It sounds like a duct has not been installed correctly. Take it in, or look
under the dash and see if you can see the duct that isn't installed
correctly. It should stick out like a sore thumb.

Old July 8th 05, 03:35 PM
IsellJeeps

I have had several 03 and 04's with the same problem where it blows around
the feet as well as the dash but never around the radio..

Old July 8th 05, 04:54 PM
DougW

IsellJeeps did pass the time by typing:
> I have had several 03 and 04's with the same problem where it blows around
> the feet as well as the dash but never around the radio..

If I were to place a bet, I'd say the foam duct seal moved out of the way
when they put the vent in. Had a similar problem in my ZJ and all it took
was taking the plastic cover off, moving the foam seal back to where it should,
then putting the whole thing back on.

Old July 8th 05, 07:50 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I bet your amp could use the same ducts.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 8th 05, 07:54 PM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> I bet your amp could use the same ducts.

It has them.
Routed from each of the rear seat floor ducts
using sump pump tube tucked under the carpet.

Old July 8th 05, 09:27 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I kind of figured you would have.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O