Questions about buying a used Audi A6

Old July 11th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
saavz

Default Questions about buying a used Audi A6

hi ,

I am a recent college graduate looking to buy an Audi , i have been
able to narrow my choice down to the Audi s4 2.7T or the Audi A6 2.7T
(2003 or 2002) , I am basically looking for a performance sedan with
decent looks and is certified pre-owned . If any body has recently had
any experience in buying similar cars please let me know.

Thank you

Old July 12th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyKiz

If you are in the U.S., Get yourself a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line. It's basically a
de-tuned RS6 with great handling, great looks, comfort and ride, decent gas
mileage (15-19 city/24-28 highway), 7 seconds 0-60 in Tiptronic. I bought
one certified 6 months ago and I just love it. There are alot of these
because they had a sweet lease deal and many are coming off lease now. With
the certified warrantee, you're good until 2010 or 100K miles. It doesn't
get much sweeter than this!

oups.com...

Old July 12th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:03:49 GMT, "TonyKiz" > wrote:

>"saavz" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> hi ,
>>
>> I am a recent college graduate looking to buy an Audi , i have been
>> able to narrow my choice down to the Audi s4 2.7T or the Audi A6 2.7T
>> (2003 or 2002) , I am basically looking for a performance sedan with
>> decent looks and is certified pre-owned . If any body has recently had
>> any experience in buying similar cars please let me know.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>If you are in the U.S., Get yourself a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line. It's basically a
>de-tuned RS6 with great handling, great looks, comfort and ride, decent gas
>mileage (15-19 city/24-28 highway), 7 seconds 0-60 in Tiptronic. I bought
>one certified 6 months ago and I just love it. There are alot of these
>because they had a sweet lease deal and many are coming off lease now. With
>the certified warrantee, you're good until 2010 or 100K miles. It doesn't
>get much sweeter than this!>

It may be "sweet", but you'd have to be on crack to believe an A6 2.7T is
anything similar to a "detuned RS6." It's not even on the same *planet* as an
actual RS6....

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd
Old July 12th 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

saavz wrote:
> hi ,
>
> I am a recent college graduate looking to buy an Audi , i have been
> able to narrow my choice down to the Audi s4 2.7T or the Audi A6 2.7T
> (2003 or 2002) , I am basically looking for a performance sedan with
> decent looks and is certified pre-owned . If any body has recently had
> any experience in buying similar cars please let me know.

Unless you are pulling down some pretty serious dough for a new college
grad, I'd not bother with the 2.7T car unless you are handy at swinging
your own wrenches.

These cars are a joy to drive, but you have to absolutely stay on top
of every little thing that comes up, or the avalanche will bury you.
And if you can't do it yourself, then your friendly (?) mechanic will
be buying a new boat on your dime.

These are great cars, don't get me wrong. I love mine (all of them)
and wouldn't drive anything else. But after 15 years of ownership, and
9 or so Audis (3 currently), I would not recommend them to those with
limited financial resources. Especially the turbo cars. I've got one,
and I owned a '00 S4 for a while.

Good luck, and if you decide that my advice is worth exactly what you
paid for it, I won't be insulted.

E.P.

1995 UrS6

Old July 12th 06, 09:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message m>
"TonyKiz" > wrote:

> If you are in the U.S., Get yourself a 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line. It's basically a
> de-tuned RS6 with great handling, great looks, comfort and ride, decent gas
> mileage (15-19 city/24-28 highway), 7 seconds 0-60 in Tiptronic.

I'll agree that the 2.7T is a great car - I owned mine for just over
three years, enjoyed every minute, and had no problems with it.

I would still be happy driving the 2.7T if it weren't for the fact that
I traded up to an RS6. There's no way I would describe the 2.7 as a
'de-tuned RS6' - it's in a totally different league! The 2.7 is quick,
but the RS6 is brutal! The suspension/roadholding/handling of the RS6
is much better. The interior, whilst similar, is much 'plusher' in the
RS.

The RS6 is definitely more expensive to run and maintain but,
interestingly, I find that the gas mileage is only about 1 mpg worse
than the 2.7 (both Tiptronic, both Avants), and the RS6 gas tank is
significantly bigger than that on the 2.7.

--
Peter Bell -
Old July 12th 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

I tend to agree with Ed expense of repairing these cars - but you
mentioned you were interested in a CPO car - assuming the warranty is
similar to a new car warranty in terms of covered repairs, I'd be
comfortable getting one. But as Ed implied, these are complex cars,
especially with the twin turbo engine. There are plenty of people out
there who have had problems, and there are plenty who have had no
issues. You just need to do ALL of the preventative maintenance on
these cars as scheduled, if not a little earlier.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old July 13th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Gilbert M. Kowie

saavz wrote:

> hi ,
>
> I am a recent college graduate looking to buy an Audi , i have been
> able to narrow my choice down to the Audi s4 2.7T or the Audi A6 2.7T
> (2003 or 2002) , I am basically looking for a performance sedan with
> decent looks and is certified pre-owned . If any body has recently had
> any experience in buying similar cars please let me know.
>
> Thank you

I love the CPO program. I personally think it's great.
I have 2001 A6 2.8 quattro (bought in 2004) and 2002 A6 3.0 quattro
(bought in 2005). Both are running with no problems. Well, the 2002
had to have the fuel pump replaced - covered under warranty. No fuss.

I think the S4 is more performance oriented compared to the A6, tho. I
test-drove an S4 and S6 while shopping (for the above A6's). Too stiff
on my back. I'm gettin' old! (plus, the potholes in Philadelphia are
murders on these sport-tuned suspension...) LOL.

Gil.

Audi A6 2.4 clutch [email protected] Audi 4 February 17th 06 10:50 PM
I specialize in locating fine pre-owned Audi Quattro's 2002 & newer!!!! AudiGuy Audi 0 February 2nd 06 07:28 PM
Audi Pictures R. de Jong Audi 0 September 14th 05 09:04 AM
Leased A Lemon Audi A6? Richard Periut Audi 0 February 1st 05 02:59 AM
Buying a used Audi..UK Tigerheart Audi 5 May 27th 04 11:29 AM