Suzuki Sidekick unknown hose

Old April 18th 05, 03:53 AM
Mr_Fehrenheit

Default Suzuki Sidekick unknown hose

Does anyone know what the hose in the engine compartment behind the
left side of the radiotor is? it leads nowhere, and it has a plastic
cap over it. It is also clipped onto the radiator hose for support
only, it has no function with this hose. The hose itself is about 3/4
inch diameter, and leads all the way down to the bottom of the engine,
possible the crankcase, or possibly the oil pan. Help, please, my guess
is that it is the direct manifold vaccuum line. But i'm not sure. It
could also be the CCV system hose, but i doubt that one.

Old April 18th 05, 05:22 AM
Ashton Crusher

On 17 Apr 2005 19:53:31 -0700, "Mr_Fehrenheit"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the hose in the engine compartment behind the
>left side of the radiotor is? it leads nowhere, and it has a plastic
>cap over it. It is also clipped onto the radiator hose for support
>only, it has no function with this hose. The hose itself is about 3/4
>inch diameter, and leads all the way down to the bottom of the engine,
>possible the crankcase, or possibly the oil pan. Help, please, my guess
>is that it is the direct manifold vaccuum line. But i'm not sure. It
>could also be the CCV system hose, but i doubt that one.

Sounds like the vent for the front differential to me.
--
New service to compete with paypal
Get $25 pre-registration bonus by
Old April 18th 05, 10:16 PM
Mr_Fehrenheit

Anyone have any other ideas? I don't think that it would be a vent,
because it is capped off, and there is no way for air to escape without
blowing the cap off.

Old April 18th 05, 11:19 PM
Peter D. Hipson

On 18 Apr 2005 14:16:31 -0700, "Mr_Fehrenheit"
> wrote:

>Anyone have any other ideas? I don't think that it would be a vent,
>because it is capped off, and there is no way for air to escape without
>blowing the cap off.

I think someone already answered this... It is the vent for the front
diff. That 'cap' is not a cap but a trap that allows air to move but
not water. If you don't believe us, crawl under the truck and follow
it to where it ends.