Saving gas

Old April 9th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Saving gas

Mythbusters proved dimpling a car like a golf ball saves 11% gas. I
don't even see anything like that, not even in the super gas saving
vehicles. How about airplanes as well?

greg
Old April 9th 11, 09:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

How about those cars that get 'ball peen hammered' by golf ball size
hail stones.Do they save gas? That guy who wears that Beret is the only
guy on Mythbusters who has any sense, in my opinion.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Existential Angst[_2_]

> wrote in message
> How about those cars that get 'ball peen hammered' by golf ball size
> hail stones.Do they save gas? That guy who wears that Beret is the only
> guy on Mythbusters who has any sense, in my opinion.

I'd watch and enjoy that show, if those two didn't make me so nauseous.

--
EA

Old April 10th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 12:06:00 -0700, g wrote:

> Mythbusters proved dimpling a car like a golf ball saves 11% gas. I don't
> even see anything like that, not even in the super gas saving vehicles.
> How about airplanes as well?
>
> greg

Put stones on your lawn.
Park the car near the lawn.
Take your lawnmower and aim the output at the car.

Let us know how it works.

Old April 10th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 04/09/2011 12:06 PM, g wrote:
> Mythbusters proved dimpling a car like a golf ball saves 11% gas. I
> don't even see anything like that, not even in the super gas saving
> vehicles. How about airplanes as well?
>
> greg

yes it works. nobody does it because they're too invested in tradition.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old April 10th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I clicked on the weather channel for a few minutes.Yesterday in
Charlotte,North Carolina area, hailstones, some of them the size of
baseballs, some of them about the size of grapefruit.
saving gas? Some of those cars probally won't even running.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

g wrote:
> Mythbusters proved dimpling a car like a golf ball saves 11% gas. I
> don't even see anything like that, not even in the super gas saving
> vehicles. How about airplanes as well?

Some of my neighbors are about to find out if that works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbEee...ure=youtu.be&a

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old April 11th 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 10, 7:22*pm, AMuzi > wrote:
> g wrote:
> > Mythbusters proved dimpling a car like a golf ball saves 11% gas. I
> > don't even see anything like that, not even in the super gas saving
> > vehicles. How about airplanes as well?

> Some of my neighbors are about to find out if that works:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbEee...ure=youtu.be&a
>
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> * <www.yellowjersey.org/>
> * Open every day since 1 April, 1971

My brother was playing golf and his grand prix had major denting from
hail.
One of those dent places made it look like new for a decent price.

Greg