Bye bye Car CD's

Old April 9th 11, 09:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

Default Bye bye Car CD's

On 4/8/2011 4:24 PM, Tegger wrote:
> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=<Trueno@e86 .GTS> wrote
> in :

>>> I don't need either of those, still use 8-track and cassette tape. (Can
>>> play both in the same player with my Audiovox cassette adapter.)

>> Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?
>>

> We have a Victrola sitting in one half of the back seat. Daughter winds the
> crank every few miles to keep it going. This means she's good for more than
> just whining about how bored she is.

Bah, that's too high tech - I use an Edison cylinder phonograph for my
in-car audio entertainment requirements. It's so old that it only plays
"Mary Had A Little Lamb."
Old April 9th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...m+Juneberry78s

Put some old timey Music on that Victrola.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 11, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Put some gravel in the hubcaps.That will make some nice music.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 11, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 01:08:02 +0000, Roger Blake wrote:

> On 2011-04-09, Hachiroku ???? > wrote:
>> Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?

> Surprisingly not, most have held up well. The most common problems with
> the cartridges are bad pressure pads and splices, both of which are easily
> fixed.

I used to have an 8 track recorder back in the day. That was a LONG time
ago...

Old April 10th 11, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:17:05 -1000, dsi1 wrote:

> On 4/8/2011 4:24 PM, Tegger wrote:
>> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?=<Trueno@e86 .GTS>
>> wrote in :

>>> Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?
>>>

>> We have a Victrola sitting in one half of the back seat. Daughter winds
>> the crank every few miles to keep it going. This means she's good for
>> more than just whining about how bored she is.
>>

> Bah, that's too high tech - I use an Edison cylinder phonograph for my
> in-car audio entertainment requirements. It's so old that it only plays
> "Mary Had A Little Lamb."

I tried doing something like that, and hooked the cylinder up to a belt
driven by the driveshaft. It either sounded like the Chipmunks of
steroids, or I had everyone on the freeway swearing at me...

Old April 10th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:51:09 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> Put some gravel in the hubcaps.That will make some nice music. cuhulin

Dude, they're plastic now...