Dodge Dakota Diesel Swap

Old December 7th 04, 01:32 AM
Ted

Default Dodge Dakota Diesel Swap

Has anyone in the world ever done one? The Dakota is the right size of
truck for general use and a diesel in one would be really nice.

Old December 7th 04, 02:47 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Ted wrote:

> Has anyone in the world ever done one?

Yes: Chrysler. They sell diesel Dakotas in South America.
Old December 7th 04, 02:47 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 7th 04, 03:32 AM
Ted

What engine do they use?

Old December 7th 04, 03:32 AM
Ted

What engine do they use?

Old December 7th 04, 03:52 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Ted wrote:

> What engine do they use?

Not sure.
Old December 7th 04, 03:52 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Ted wrote:

> What engine do they use?

Not sure.
Old December 7th 04, 04:32 AM
Jeff Falkiner

"Ted" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Has anyone in the world ever done one? The Dakota is the right size of
> truck for general use and a diesel in one would be really nice.

Call Roger Penske. Detroit Diesel had a Durango at the Detroit
International Auto Show a few years back with a V6 diesel that they were
trying to push Dodge into offering. They had run the thing to Florida &
back and had gotten much better fuel mileage than the gasoline version
(can't remember the exact numbers, just that they were impressive). Dodge
was so upset at them that they had to display the thing OUTSIDE the show in
the lobby of COBO Hall.

Jeff Falkiner

Old December 7th 04, 04:32 AM
Jeff Falkiner

oups.com...

Old December 7th 04, 04:09 PM
KokomoKid

"Jeff Falkiner" > wrote in message

> "Ted" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Has anyone in the world ever done one? The Dakota is the right size of
> > truck for general use and a diesel in one would be really nice.

If they wanted to do a diesel Dakota, I'm sure the engine that recently
became available in the Jeep Liberty would work. It wouldn't be fast, but
it would drive ok and get much better fuel economy than the gas engines.

diesel engines swap Flyingmonk 4x4 3 January 11th 05 07:53 AM
Mexican Dodge Dakota SUV TOM KAN PA Chrysler 16 December 6th 04 05:15 PM
202 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Brakes Randy Harbison Dodge 0 July 21st 04 02:31 AM
Diesel Swap Question Ted Azito 4x4 4 July 4th 04 03:54 PM