Mitsubishi 4G15 Engine in Hyundai Excel

Old April 2nd 04, 05:42 AM
Alex Docherty

Default Mitsubishi 4G15 Engine in Hyundai Excel

Hi,

I have a 1993 hyundai excel hatchback.
While doing reseach, i found that the 4G15 engine was used in small
mitsubishis and chrystler cars in teh 80s and 90s.

What i want to know is if my hyundai, has a mitsubishi engine?

Not really too important, just gives my lil car a bit more class.

I guess it is possible, seeing as how the 3 companies have strong ties.

thanks, alex

Old April 5th 04, 08:10 AM
Occupant

Yes.

That 1.5L engine was used in Colts, Mirages, Summits, and cars in
other world markets, from 1985 all the way up to I think 1994.
Hyundai made *some* modifications to it for their cars, but the motors
are basically the same.

Mitsubishi also made the 3.0L V6 in the Hyundai Sonata. That motor
went into Mitsubishis (Galants, Diamantes, Monteros), Chrysler
minivans and sedans, Dodge Daytonas, and a twin-cam version in the
Stealth and 3000GT. Also went into forklifts and generators in
industrial applications. Prolly some marine versions too.

Alan Moore
Dallas, TX