MFFY du jour...

Old March 16th 05, 04:45 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
The Real Bev > wrote:

>> --
>> There's no such thing as a free lunch, but certain accounting practices can
>> result in a fully-depreciated one.

>Isn't that 'fully-deductible'?

No, fully-deductible ones are a different matter.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 16th 05, 05:53 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Matthew Russotto wrote:

> So now when I look at handicapped spots, all I
> think of is the pain of limping past them.

And all because you were too damned lazy to get your NJ doctor to sign
PA's forms.

> **** them.

Or you, as the case seems to be.
Old March 16th 05, 06:55 PM
Bob Lutz

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:54:48 -0800, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> I saw something similar a couple of days ago. Some guy in a super-sized
> Ford dualie pickup truck pulled into a space on the left of another car.
> He didn't pull in straight, however, and the back end of his truck was
> blocking the car parked to his right. Out steps a good ol' boy with a
> Trucker belly wearing jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and brown cowboy
> boots. The only thing missing from the ensemble was a ten gallon hat.

'Round here, thats called a hiccup.

These are the same people that will leave their diesel pickups idling in
the parking lot, since apparently the fuel 'gels' or something when its
cold. I don't think 40F is cold enough for that to happen, but I'm still
rewarded with the sound of idling diesel for 20 minutes while these
bonemunchers eat.

Personally, I predict within a year or two, you're going to be able to
pick up vehicles like that, as well as your giant SUV's for pennies on the
dollar when the gas does the exponential curve thing.
Old March 17th 05, 02:35 AM
Harry K

Bob Lutz wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:54:48 -0800, Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
>
> > I saw something similar a couple of days ago. Some guy in a

super-sized
> > Ford dualie pickup truck pulled into a space on the left of another

car.
> > He didn't pull in straight, however, and the back end of his truck

was
> > blocking the car parked to his right. Out steps a good ol' boy with

> > Trucker belly wearing jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and brown

cowboy
> > boots. The only thing missing from the ensemble was a ten gallon

hat.

> 'Round here, thats called a hiccup.
>
> These are the same people that will leave their diesel pickups idling

in
> the parking lot, since apparently the fuel 'gels' or something when

its
> cold. I don't think 40F is cold enough for that to happen, but I'm

still
> rewarded with the sound of idling diesel for 20 minutes while these
> bonemunchers eat.
>
> Personally, I predict within a year or two, you're going to be able

> pick up vehicles like that, as well as your giant SUV's for pennies

on the
> dollar when the gas does the exponential curve thing.

Saw a blurb on the news the other night that there is already a trend
to more fuel economy when buying cars. That is that fewer gas hogs are
being bought.

Harry K

Old March 17th 05, 03:06 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Big Bill" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:26:02 -0600,
> (Matthew Russotto) wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>>Big Bill > wrote:

>>>Well, your definition of "there" sucks, because your definition is
>>>extremely self-centered, and doesn't take into condiseration that you
>>>could have gotten a temporarty plackard.

>>My original message _said_ "there for me".

> Well, your definition of "there" was:
>
> "If by "there" you mean I could have used them, gotten ticketed, then
> later gone into court to fight the $500-$1000 fine (and lost). That's
> a meaning of "there" I have a bit of argument with."

It depends on what your definition of the word "is" is.

MFFY Du Jour Mike Z. Helm Driving 51 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
I Hope That MFFY Peed His Pants Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 10 February 11th 05 05:25 PM
Speeding: the fundamental cause of MFFY Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 82 December 23rd 04 01:10 AM