unbelieveable...wait 6 months for it....then after 32 miles it breaks down....

Old March 16th 05, 08:03 PM
simon

Default unbelieveable...wait 6 months for it....then after 32 miles it breaks down....

Unbelieveable....
156 1.9JTD Veloce - first delivered 3 months ago after a 3 month wait turns
up with the wrong colour interior....
so I reject delivery....
Today, another 3 months later, the right one finally turns
up....Whaey...here we go...drive time!!
32 miles later the thing throws up 'motor control system failure' 'Go to
dealer'
So I go to the dealer - who can't look at it 'til Thursday.
Dealer says 'If it's driving OK carry on'
Now 55 miles on the clock and the feckin' thing wont rev over 3000rpm and
feels like you're driving with the handbrake on...

unbe-feckin-leviable....
Way to go Alfa....I spend half my time trying to tell colleagues that Alfa's
are the dogs whatsits and I'd never have anything else...
and the thing breaks down before the new car smell has even gone....
Now waiting for the AA.

SS

Old March 16th 05, 08:41 PM
Catman

simon wrote:

> Unbelieveable....
> 156 1.9JTD Veloce - first delivered 3 months ago after a 3 month wait
> turns up with the wrong colour interior....
> so I reject delivery....
> Today, another 3 months later, the right one finally turns
> up....Whaey...here we go...drive time!!
> 32 miles later the thing throws up 'motor control system failure' 'Go to
> dealer'
> So I go to the dealer - who can't look at it 'til Thursday.
> Dealer says 'If it's driving OK carry on'
> Now 55 miles on the clock and the feckin' thing wont rev over 3000rpm and
> feels like you're driving with the handbrake on...

Limp home mode

> unbe-feckin-leviable....
> Way to go Alfa....I spend half my time trying to tell colleagues that
> Alfa's are the dogs whatsits and I'd never have anything else...
> and the thing breaks down before the new car smell has even gone....

Serious bummer dude

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS (Badly bent) 155 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old March 16th 05, 09:25 PM
simon

Even better...

The thing is so new that the details 'haven't been updated on the system'
So Alfa warranty can't confirm if I'm entitled to courtesy car...and the AA
cover that comes with the thing
won't get me one 'cos I got home...."not covered by courtesy car from home"

Unbe-fecking-leivable....

I've now got to 'limp' to the Airport tomorrow to catch a plane....

SS

Old March 19th 05, 12:44 AM
Spark

Surely the alfa dealer who you bought it off will offer you a car while they
sort it out for you...

Old March 21st 05, 08:48 AM
simon

It's complicated...
It's a lease car (Company car). that was supplied by a dealer out of my
area....Via a leasing company
so the local dealer who will now be sorting it out isn't the one who
supplied it..

the lease company will be sorting me a hire care whilst mine is dealt with.

You wait and you wait your whole life... Jason McCabe Jeep 9 March 7th 05 11:13 PM
E46 330i key replacement wait time? GRL BMW 7 February 28th 05 06:47 PM
Long term storage (3 months or more) xenman Ford Explorer 4 February 7th 05 12:46 AM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 05:33 AM
3 months wait and then it turns up with the wrong colour interior..!! simon Alfa Romeo 0 December 7th 04 11:33 PM