Totalled

Old August 1st 04, 02:10 AM
Joe Ortiz

Default Totalled

Two weeks ago, on the way to Gatwick Airport to catch a holiday flight
with my kids, I had a coming together with a Fiat and a Toyota and the
result is that my beloved 156 2.0l TS is a "Total Loss".

At least we were all pretty well unhurt and we made the flight in the
nick of time due to a highly cooperative police officer.

The 156 was 2-1/2 years old on an 02 plate and had done 20,000 trouble
free miles. Best car I've ever had. I'm not very optimistic about how
much the insurance company will offer me - 8K pounds at a guess. Now
what? Do I stay with Alfa? That's what my heart says but my brain is
telling me that the odds of getting two "good" Alfas one after the
other are long.

Any thoughts? Best regards.

Joe
Old August 1st 04, 08:46 AM
Thomas Strandtoft

Joe Ortiz wrote:

> what? Do I stay with Alfa? That's what my heart says but my brain is
> telling me that the odds of getting two "good" Alfas one after the
> other are long.

Well, imagine what your brain will tell you after driving a Toyota
for half a year and your heart has grown cold.. As in all matters
of the heart, it doesn't really matter what the brain says, does
it?

--
Hygge..
Thomas

<http://www.carftp.com> - a library of car videos.
Old August 1st 04, 10:30 AM
Ex Alfa Adam

Do I stay with Alfa? That's what my heart says but my brain is
> > telling me that the odds of getting two "good" Alfas one after the
> > other are long.

> Well, imagine what your brain will tell you after driving a Toyota
> for half a year and your heart has grown cold.. As in all matters
> of the heart, it doesn't really matter what the brain says, does
> it?

This makes sense - since my last alfa I've had a fast Fiat that didn't agree
with me and now a Pug. Have now started to look for another Alfa.... (8v
33, 3.0 75 or any decent 116)

Adam H

Old August 1st 04, 01:41 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Ex Alfa Adam" > wrote in message
> Do I stay with Alfa? That's what my heart says but my brain is
> > > telling me that the odds of getting two "good" Alfas one after the
> > > other are long.

> > Well, imagine what your brain will tell you after driving a Toyota
> > for half a year and your heart has grown cold.. As in all matters
> > of the heart, it doesn't really matter what the brain says, does
> > it?

> This makes sense - since my last alfa I've had a fast Fiat that didn't

agree
> with me and now a Pug. Have now started to look for another Alfa.... (8v
> 33, 3.0 75 or any decent 116)

Why an 33 8v? You've gone off the 16v?

ss.