Trimming fenders

Old July 22nd 05, 12:23 AM
Troy

Default Trimming fenders

My jeep ( 01 TJ) is set up with a 4 inch pro comp short arm kit, and 33's...
How much trimming would I have to do to get 35's to fit with reasonable room
for flex?
And what am I supposed to be cutting on? I don't mind chopping it up a bit.
I've seen some front fenders trimmed to look like flatfenders, and the rear
cut into pretty good also. Anyone know where I can find some more info?

Troy

Old July 22nd 05, 03:32 AM
ssveibl

Trial & error, I did a CJ5 to a flat fender that I liked. Didn't do rear
because I lifted body 2"

Old July 23rd 05, 12:38 AM
Nathan Otis

Troy,

Hit any of the jeep forums online and search for "flat fender". Heck a
google search pulls some decent results, too. The end result of cutting the
the rear end is sometimes called "competition corners".

Once you find what you're looking for, draw a line and put a cutting tool to
it. Yes, it's that easy : )
n.

Smittybilt Tube Fenders Jeff Jeep 7 April 1st 05 10:29 PM
Wrangler fenders Chris Ryder via CarKB.com Technology 2 March 27th 05 07:21 PM
Wider Fenders TerryB VW air cooled 10 March 8th 05 05:29 PM
any way to protect NOS fenders? Nate Nagel Antique cars 16 October 24th 04 12:40 PM
20's-30's fenders Glenn Pavlovic Antique cars 1 October 29th 03 01:59 AM