NEED SOME ANSWER ............

Old June 4th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default NEED SOME ANSWER ............

Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me
through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my
engine light been on off n on since i got the car 2 years ago last year was
the first time they put my car on machine for my inspection it cost me 30
dollar before they came with the machine it only cost me i think 10 dollar
or more. my question is can i put the old wires back to my car and buy the
double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark
plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

Old June 4th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

vita via CarKB.com wrote:
> Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me
> through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my
> engine light been on off n on since i got the car 2 years ago last year was
> the first time they put my car on machine for my inspection it cost me 30
> dollar before they came with the machine it only cost me i think 10 dollar
> or more. my question is can i put the old wires back to my car and buy the
> double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark
> plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

If you have a bad cam sensor, the engine won't run. Why would you want
to re-use old wires if you've got new ones? They're cheap. Sure, you
can use platinum plugs as long as they are the proper gap and heat range.

Cheers,
Old June 5th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Old June 5th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article <61492d3cbf76b@uwe>, u22638@uwe says...
> Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me
> through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my
> engine light been on off n on since i got the car 2 years ago last year was
> the first time they put my car on machine for my inspection it cost me 30
> dollar before they came with the machine it only cost me i think 10 dollar
> or more. my question is can i put the old wires back to my car and buy the
> double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark
> plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

Get the code read. The code will likely be stored in the code history if
the light isnt currently on.

If you just changed the plugs and wires then likely something about
those is off. Like I said the wires must have a resistance below 20k
ohms. I get brand new wires sets all of the time with BAD wires in them.
Also if your plugs are gapped at .060" try .040". You dont have to have
platinum but non-platinum plugs have a much shorter life.

Double platinum plugs usually last 80k miles on a good running engine,
poorly routed wires can chafe and arch themselves out before you get 40k
miles out of them.
Old June 5th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

BläBlä wrote:
>> Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me
>> through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my

>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark
>> plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

>Get the code read. The code will likely be stored in the code history if
>the light isnt currently on.
>
>If you just changed the plugs and wires then likely something about
>those is off. Like I said the wires must have a resistance below 20k
>ohms. I get brand new wires sets all of the time with BAD wires in them.
>Also if your plugs are gapped at .060" try .040". You dont have to have
>platinum but non-platinum plugs have a much shorter life.
>
>Double platinum plugs usually last 80k miles on a good running engine,
>poorly routed wires can chafe and arch themselves out before you get 40k
>miles out of them.

ok how bout this as told you i change my wires right.... the only reason i
chnge my wires coz i had spark plugs change. anyway i still have them old
wires dont ask why i still have them how bout if i use that old wire buy
another spark plugs. do you think it will past on inspection? you said the
wire need to be perfect. .... saturn dealer wont listen instead they want me
to buy a new car trade 2 . so if i put the old wire the wire that
originally was on it do you think it will work.? i live pay check to pay
check 300..00 for part in labor i dont have. thank you.

Old June 5th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:23:25 GMT, "vita via CarKB.com" <u22638@uwe>
wrote:

>BläBlä wrote:
>>> Thanks to BLA BLA n WAVY for responding my letter hopely this will help me
>>> through my problem on my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR..... one more question my

>>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>> double platinum spark plugs? what do you think?........ i change my spark
>>> plugs and wire last month. maybe thats why my CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR ....

>>Get the code read. The code will likely be stored in the code history if
>>the light isnt currently on.
>>
>>If you just changed the plugs and wires then likely something about
>>those is off. Like I said the wires must have a resistance below 20k
>>ohms. I get brand new wires sets all of the time with BAD wires in them.
>>Also if your plugs are gapped at .060" try .040". You dont have to have
>>platinum but non-platinum plugs have a much shorter life.
>>
>>Double platinum plugs usually last 80k miles on a good running engine,
>>poorly routed wires can chafe and arch themselves out before you get 40k
>>miles out of them.

>ok how bout this as told you i change my wires right.... the only reason i
>chnge my wires coz i had spark plugs change. anyway i still have them old
>wires dont ask why i still have them how bout if i use that old wire buy
>another spark plugs. do you think it will past on inspection? you said the
>wire need to be perfect. .... saturn dealer wont listen instead they want me
>to buy a new car trade 2 . so if i put the old wire the wire that
>originally was on it do you think it will work.? i live pay check to pay
>check 300..00 for part in labor i dont have. thank you.

Plug wires due break down with usage and develope more internal
resistance which reduction the spark current . THey can also start to
leak too and further reduce energy to plugs.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 5th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

SnoMan wrote:

>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
>>originally was on it do you think it will work.? i live pay check to pay
>>check 300..00 for part in labor i dont have. thank you.

>Plug wires due break down with usage and develope more internal
>resistance which reduction the spark current . THey can also start to
>leak too and further reduce energy to plugs.
>The SnoMan
>www.thesnoman.com

hey snowman so what do i need to do do i need to go to buy spark plugs and
wires first? and let them check it out where i bought it from? coz i dont
really want to spend 300.00 for the part n labor. you know what i meant.
please help me....