AX-15 problem

Old March 3rd 05, 08:11 PM
ufatbastehd

Default AX-15 problem

My rig every February/March gets nearly impossible to shift into first.
usually have to double clutch . She also gets very "notchy" into second
and third.
I rarely go right into reverse I usually go into second first than over
to reverse or I might grind.

A couple days ago I could not get it out of reverse until I turned off
the motor.

Past two years I change the tranny fluid and the problem goes away in a
couple weeks. Im going to change my tranny fluid again. I always use
redline.

My ? is what the hells going on? I only put 3,000 , miles on my rig
every year. No leaking at all.

Prior owners receipts show the Clutch, slave cyl changed at 108,000
miles and flywheel resurfaced as well. Im at 124,700 now.

Old March 3rd 05, 08:33 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Refill your clutch reservoir with brake fluid. You may have to
bleed it's slave
too, to have the clutch again.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 3rd 05, 08:40 PM
Mike Romain

Water contamination?

That tranny does not have a high water vent, just a button vent so if
you get in too deep or splash right water can get in.

Does the fluid come out milky or like new? If even slightly milky, you
have likely found the problem.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 3rd 05, 09:18 PM
Jeff Strickland

You are describing a problem with the Clutch Master Cylinder.

oups.com...

Old March 3rd 05, 10:11 PM
ufatbastehd

Thanks for the replies But if it is a Master Cyl prob why would this
happen every Feb/March like clockwork??? This will be year three that
this has happened.
Always goes away when I change the fluid.

I will check the Master Cyl Level and also change the tranny fluid this
weekend and report on the color of the fluid.

Maybe it is water contamination? Had lots of snow here in NYC and I
like to park on the biggest snow mounds I can find. I never got to the
point where the bottom of the tranny is resting in snow. Nor did I go
through any deep water.

Old March 4th 05, 08:14 PM
Jeff Strickland

The problem could be related to weather not the calendar. Water
contamination is certainly a possibility.

If the clutch master cylinder is the problem, you can test it by pumping the
clutch pedal a few times before selecting a gear. If a single pump of the
pedal results in troubles selecting the gear, and multiple pumps result in
easy gear selection, then you need a new master cylinder.

I suspect the fluid change for the trans is masking a problem, at best. If
pumping the clutch pedal results inthe same gear selection troubles, then
your master cylinder is OK, and moving to the transmission itself is the
right thing to do.

ups.com...

Old March 20th 05, 01:01 PM
ufatbastehd