Quick poll, Would your next car be a honda?

Old November 13th 04, 03:43 PM
Azrunr66

>Subject: Quick poll, Would your next car be a honda?
>From: "stylesandsmiles"
>Date: 11/11/2004 3:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time
>
>I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would consider
>buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider, standard or
>auto, and civic, or accord?
>For those of you whom would. Did you buy your's new or used?

I will be a loyal accord buyer....I will buy the second year of the next
re-design,whenever that is.
Old November 13th 04, 05:05 PM
Caroline

"SoCalMike" > wrote
> >>ive got one of these as a commuter/grocery getter...
> >>
> >>http://www.suzuki-bikes.com/burgman400.php

> easily. it tops out at 95mph, and i ride it close to that speed most of
> the time in the carpool lane on the freeway.

Oh m'goodness.

> > And am I understanding correctly that it's an automatic transmission? Say it
> > ain't so.

> yup. belt drive, CVT. continuously variable tranny. almost all japanese
> scooters have had em for the past 20 years.

I had a best guess at to what CVT is and then googled. The idea is the same as a
literal interpretation of the phrase. Interesting.

> > Or is this one low to the ground for middle-aged folks who want less

accident
> > risk and more riding comfort?

> its comfy, but not a barcalounger. honda has been making the helix for
> almost 20 years... 250cc, real low and stretched out.

Okay.

I am glad to have the elaboration.

Old November 15th 04, 01:57 AM
Mark Alexander

On 2004-11-11 04:11:15 -0600, "stylesandsmiles" > said:

> I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would
> consider buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider,
> standard or auto, and civic, or accord?
> For those of you whom would. Did you buy your's new or used?

I bought a used '93 Accord SE with 104,000 miles about four and a half
years ago, and have just about doubled the mileage on it.
This is the longest I've had any used car. Indeed, the two NEW cars
I've had--an '87 Toyota FX16, and a '93 Protege--only went about
130,000 miles or so before getting totaled (yikes). My previous car, an
'86 Corolla, was a piece of junk at 179,000: unibody rusted out, valves
and rings sticking, power steering blown, A/C in pieces, clutch and
tranny ruined by a blown rear main seal--AGAIN (the seals, I later
discovered, were failing due to worn main bearings)...

This is with very rough service (pizza delivery in a hilly college town)
It is not rusted, despite the fact the paint job got trashed by some
punk with a boxcutter. (I've been told that Version 4.x (1990-93)
Accords are infamous for rear quarter rust, so I count myself lucky.)
Everything, including the Bose stereo, still works great. The A/C is
still cold and the cruise control is still cruisin'.
The "check engine" light has never come on, except at startup.
It doesn't even burn oil--much (about a quart of 5W30 every 1500 miles).
Apart from the usual maintenance items one would expect on a car this
age (brakes, front end work, hoses, etc.), and worn upholstery, the
only recurring problem I've encountered is an appetite for alternators
and plug wires--both of which I can easily replace myself.

In other words, HELL YES! I am, however, waiting for the Accord Hybrid:
240 HP V6 and 40+ mpg. Yum.

Old November 15th 04, 06:14 AM
Dean

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:38:13 GMT, SoCalMike >
wrote:

>Dean wrote:
>> Dean
>> BTW Mom traded her Accord for a Chrysler mini van that was the car from #&$^!
>> She got rid of that disaster and bought, you guessed it, a Honda Odyssey.

>how many trannies did the chrysler go through?

How did you know? <lol> In her case it was just one. Which was repaired at
great cost and promptly there after she got the Odyssey. Oh did I mention the
over heating, or the rear door latch problems, or the fit and finish?

Dean
Old November 17th 04, 10:17 PM
raynoz

Hi
>for the past 15 years I bin using a motocycle all the
>year round to work,Touring round scotland most of the
>spare time I get, trust me its the only way to get >around on these over

congested roadways of today
>so I decided my trusty 84,BMW K100RS needed to come off >the road for

some well earned TLC so in need of transport >I bought an 89,1343cc Civic
for a couple of sovs 94k

Old November 17th 04, 10:17 PM
raynoz