Largest Ford ever?

Old December 10th 04, 07:05 AM
james_anatidae

Default Largest Ford ever?

I'm was wondering what the largest car (not truck) that FoMoCo ever mass
produced. I'm guessing the answer is the styling travesty that is the '58
Lincoln, but wouldn't rule out the 70's Mark IVs. And an honorable mention
probably goes to the those County Squire station wagons.

--
Gargoyles SETI@home group
http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/...am_167065.html

Old December 10th 04, 01:37 PM
Dodge-Him

Actually I think it was one of the Mercury Marquees 69 or so was 19
feet long or sumpen like that.
Dodgem

Old December 11th 04, 06:02 AM

In alt.autos.ford james_anatidae > wrote:
> I'm was wondering what the largest car (not truck) that FoMoCo ever mass

My offhand vote would be the 1967 Ford wagon that my next door neighbors
bought. $4777.77. I always thought the window sticker had to be made up
to get that price.

I think I read that the ~58 Lincoln used as the basis for the 1967
Batmobile was the largest two door car that Ford had produced.

--
---

Old December 11th 04, 06:03 AM
AZGuy

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:05:42 -0500, "james_anatidae"
> wrote:

>I'm was wondering what the largest car (not truck) that FoMoCo ever mass
>produced. I'm guessing the answer is the styling travesty that is the '58
>Lincoln, but wouldn't rule out the 70's Mark IVs. And an honorable mention
>probably goes to the those County Squire station wagons.

I thought the 1960ish Lincoln was the largest.
--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789
Old December 11th 04, 10:40 PM
Ken Doyle

My guess would be the 70s Town Car (bigger than the Mark IV).

Ken D.

Old December 12th 04, 05:50 AM

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:40:15 -0500, "Ken Doyle"
> wrote:

>My guess would be the 70s Town Car (bigger than the Mark IV).
>
>Ken D.

The longest wheelbase of any production lincoln was 145 inches.
The last 145 inch lincoln produced was the 1940 Model K LWB. 133 Model
Ks were built in 1940, some of which were 136" wheelbase.. At least
one, the "sunshine special" used as a parade car for presidents
Roosevelt and truman had a 160 inch whealbase.

From1958 to 1960 Lincolns had 131 inch wheelbase.1960-63 wheelbase was
123 and total length was 213". 1964-67 had 126" wheelbase and the 67
was 221" long.

The largest Ford branded vehicles produced in quantity were the1969 to
1978 full size Fords at 121 inches. Bumper to bumper length was 225".
The Mercury that year was larger at 229" overall. The Ford was 79.5
inches wide, and the Mercury and lincoln were 80".

In 1965-67 the Merc had 123" wheelbase and overall length of 220.4"
for some '65-'66 models.

Old December 13th 04, 03:38 PM
dreas

"Hemi4268" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Largest or heavest. I think some of the V12 and V16 of the 30's cam in

very
> heavy and somewhat large.
>
> It's wasn't a Ford but some Packards V16's weigh over 7000 lbs and were as

big
> as a bus.

I wasn't aware that Packard ever made a V16. Cadillac and Marmon made V16's.
Packard made Twin 6's, or V12's...

As for the largest Ford-branded car [Not Lincoln or Edsel or Mercury] it
would
have to be something like a '76 LTD or a '60 Galaxie...

-'dreas

Old December 17th 04, 06:18 PM
Stephen Read

My dad had a '62 Ranch Wagon that sat 46 people and required its own zip
code. We had to buy a second car to use as a tug to get it in and out of
the garage. Dad sold it to a developer who turned it into condos.

Steve R

Ford Coil Packs Bubba 4x4 2 April 21st 04 05:36 PM
'68-80 Ford 4X4 Parts - Dana 60 & LWB Frame 4 Sale! AC-850/32327 ZIP 007 4x4 0 April 16th 04 09:25 PM
FA: 1978 Ford Service Shop Manual JohnC Antique cars 0 November 15th 03 01:58 PM