problem with glow plugs

Old November 21st 04, 06:12 PM
Peter D. Hipson

Default problem with glow plugs

If that relay is actually the controller it is bad probably. If it is
a relay controlled by the ECM then the ECM is probably bad. Are you
having trouble starting the vehicle with it like it is?

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:17:49 GMT, "an3's"

Old November 21st 04, 06:40 PM
Lon

an3's proclaimed:

> Hello,
>
> I'm have a Daihatsu Rokcy 4x4 and the glow plugs needed replacement. So i
> replaced the glow plugs, but the relay that supose to support the glow plugs
> with powers only does this for half a second or so. And then a tenth of a
> second every five seconds. What could be the problem?

It would be possibly useful to know why the old glow plugs needed
replacement. If only due to age and scheduled maintenance, you might
want to consider putting them back temporarily to see if the glow
plug controller may also be defective, or if the new plugs either
draw too much power or have some other defect and the controller is
opening due to excessive drain.