vw bora diesel turbo

Old August 25th 05, 09:23 AM
reader1

Default vw bora diesel turbo

We have bt a second hand bora with about 60k on the clock. On every long
journey, the turbo cuts out after about 70 miles. The garage say it can't
find any fault.
any ideas welcome.

Old August 25th 05, 02:56 PM
Ernest

"reader1" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> We have bt a second hand bora with about 60k on the clock. On every long
> journey, the turbo cuts out after about 70 miles. The garage say it can't
> find any fault.
> any ideas welcome.

Test if it is not the MAF sensor by uncoupling it and testing whether
performance improves without it. If it improves it is the MAF sensor. If
not, I do not know.

Old August 26th 05, 08:39 AM
reader1

Thanks "Ernest" Garage say they have already replaced airmass sensor (is
that the same thing?) but turbo still cuts out on EVERY long motorway
journey

Old August 26th 05, 11:57 AM

reader1 wrote:
> Thanks "Ernest" Garage say they have already replaced airmass sensor (is
> that the same thing?) but turbo still cuts out on EVERY long motorway
> journey

Could be many of things. How do you know, if it is a turbo cutting out,
or is it something else?

Old August 26th 05, 11:08 PM
Jo Bo

Join and ask on www.tdiclub.com giving more information like year.