RIP Chrysler!!!

Old January 1st 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
miles

Default RIP Chrysler!!!

marika wrote:

> "Miles" > wrote in message
>
>> Much of that has to do with high taxes on gas in those countries.
>> England has been upwards of $9/gallon. Do that here in the USA and
>> demand for tiny cars will skyrocket.

> but some things override cost of gas

In some cases but I repeat, put $9/gallon gas in the USA and you will
quickly see the vast majority driving small econo boxes. SUV and truck
sales took a sharp nosedive in summer of 2008 with $5 diesel and $4 gas.
Econo cars skyrocketed in sales.
Old January 1st 09, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
miles

Lloyd wrote:

> The Honda Accord is officially a full-size car

By whose standards? Compared to what? The Accord is certainly not a
full sized car compared to the traditional decades old use of the term.
Old January 1st 09, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Jim Higgins

Miles wrote:
> Lloyd wrote:
>
>> The Honda Accord is officially a full-size car

> By whose standards? Compared to what? The Accord is certainly not a
> full sized car compared to the traditional decades old use of the term.

Operatove word there is "old". Times have really changed.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old January 1st 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Bill Putney

marika wrote:

> "Miles" > wrote in message
>
>> Much of that has to do with high taxes on gas in those countries.
>> England has been upwards of $9/gallon. Do that here in the USA and
>> demand for tiny cars will skyrocket.

> but some things override cost of gas
>
> need a map for context
>
> Roanoke is right of middle and on the bottom.
> below it should be Martinsville Patrick County where there is a nascar
> track
> and Farmsville
> the entire area is staunchly born again or variation thereof, very
> conservative and very confederate, except there's Franklin County
> right above them and below Roanoke which is Moonshine Capital of the
> world -- where Kevin Costner killed all those guys
>
> Above that should be primarily vacation spots - blue ridge and
> shenandoah, farms, little population
>
> little cars do well in none of this terrain
>
> and try and change the culture behind large cars and large motors
>
> mk5000

The picture you've painted of Roanoke (skirted by I81) and surrounding
area is *very* misleading. You've got VA Tech there. And it's
Farmville, not Farmsville, home of a university and one college. We
aren't the Dukes of Hazard and don't have moonshine stills and aren't
waving confederate flags all over the place. And the thing that Kevin
Costner did - is it safe to assume that you are referring to a movie - I
mean, I don't know which movie you are talking about there - that's just
my ignorance - but I assume you aren't saying that he really killed a
bunch of people somewhere in the area, but regardless, what would that,
movie or real, have to do with what kinds of cars people drive?

BTW - the license plate on one of my cars is "EIEIO-VL" - can you figure
it out.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 1st 09, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Dori A Schmetterling[_3_]

Old MacDonald...?...

Happy New Year.
DAS
---
[...]

Old January 1st 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Bill Putney

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> Old MacDonald...?...
>
> Happy New Year.
> DAS

Ha ha! You got it! (some people still won't get it)

It's based on an old joke: "When I was a kid, we used to sing 'Old
MacDonald' all the time. I was 23 years old before I realized that
"farm" was not spelled 'e-i-e-i-o'".

Very few people get the plate without some hint - in fact, only one
person in the 4 years I've had it - a 16 year old kid.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 1st 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message

> The picture you've painted of Roanoke (skirted by I81) and surrounding
> area is *very* misleading. You've got VA Tech there. And it's Farmville,
> not Farmsville, home of a university and one college. We aren't the Dukes
> of Hazard and don't have moonshine stills and aren't waving confederate
> flags all over the place.

What do you mean "we"? I'm from Roanoke. I think I can speak on this
subject. Which street do you live on there?

And it's Franklin County that has the stills not Roanoke.

but anyway what did all that information have to do with the fact that most
Roanokers still like big trucks, big cars and aren't ready to give them up?

mk5000

"but you don't know what it's got til it's gone
and you don't know what it's like to feel so low and every time you smile or
laugh you glow
you don't even know know know"--a little bit longer, jonas brothers

Old January 1st 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
>> Old MacDonald...?...
>>
>> Happy New Year.
>> DAS

> Ha ha! You got it! (some people still won't get it)
>
> It's based on an old joke: "When I was a kid, we used to sing 'Old
> MacDonald' all the time. I was 23 years old before I realized that "farm"
> was not spelled 'e-i-e-i-o'".
>
> Very few people get the plate without some hint - in fact, only one person
> in the 4 years I've had it - a 16 year old kid.

So only one person in all of the wherever it is you live has familiarity
with American style nursery rhymes. Interesting.
They teach us this song on the Kolhosp when we are very little to
demonstrate precisely how capitalist your American farming system is.

I named my first daughter Tractor in commemoration of the glorious workers'
revolution.

Her daughter will be named Chrysler!

mk5000

"one of y'all you see I'm so paid
an oh big money Weezy"--Akon

Old January 1st 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
CopperTop

Miles > wrote in :

> Lloyd wrote:
>
>> The Honda Accord is officially a full-size car

> By whose standards? Compared to what? The Accord is certainly not a
> full sized car compared to the traditional decades old use of the term.

Car Classifications certainly have changed. I rent a lot of cars from
Thrifty and Avis. It may just be a pricing thing with Avis but they
consider a Toyota Corolla and PT Cruiser now a mid-size car, a Malibu and
Sebring a full size and a Charger/Impala as premium size. Things certainly
have changed.

Old January 1st 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Bill Putney

marika wrote:

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>> Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
>>> Old MacDonald...?...
>>>
>>> Happy New Year.
>>> DAS

>> Ha ha! You got it! (some people still won't get it)
>>
>> It's based on an old joke: "When I was a kid, we used to sing 'Old
>> MacDonald' all the time. I was 23 years old before I realized that
>> "farm" was not spelled 'e-i-e-i-o'".
>>
>> Very few people get the plate without some hint - in fact, only one
>> person in the 4 years I've had it - a 16 year old kid.
>>

> So only one person in all of the wherever it is you live has familiarity
> with American style nursery rhymes...

No - that's not what I said. I said that only one person got the
license plate - there's a difference. If you need me to explain that
difference, then there's no use in even trying - you still would not get
it. Maybe one of your local still operator friends can explain it to you
so you can understand.

> Interesting.
> They teach us this song on the Kolhosp when we are very little to
> demonstrate precisely how capitalist your American farming system is.

Exactly which part of the song would that be. All I know from the song
is that he had some pigs and chickens and cows, and they went "oink
oink", "chick chick", and "moo moo". Something capitalistic about that?
Was there some other version of the song they were using for
propaganda? Or is "EIEIO" some acronym with a secret evil capitalist
meaning?

> I named my first daughter Tractor in commemoration of the glorious
> workers' revolution.

Do you call her Tractor, or the Russian word for tractor? If so, I hope
it has a nicer, more feminine ring to it in Russian. Hmmm - apparently
not - it appears the Russian word for tractor is in fact трактор (same
as in English).

> Her daughter will be named Chrysler!
>
> mk5000

Weird.