300M automatic left outside mirror

Old November 27th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Josh S

Default 300M automatic left outside mirror

The automatic left side mirror on my 2004 300M seems to have a mind of
it's own. It will be fine for several days, then it seems to lose the
sideways setting, usually turning in too much. This occurs when I start
off.
Since I'm not fond of it's downward tilt action even when it is working,
I'd be happier if it wasn't automatic. IMO Chrysler got their sides
mixed up, it's the right side mirror that should tilt down when backing
up.

Is there an easy way to disable this unwanted automatic side mirror
action?
Old November 27th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 11/27/08 01:51 pm Josh S wrote:

> The automatic left side mirror on my 2004 300M seems to have a mind of
> it's own. It will be fine for several days, then it seems to lose the
> sideways setting, usually turning in too much. This occurs when I start
> off.
> Since I'm not fond of it's downward tilt action even when it is working,
> I'd be happier if it wasn't automatic. IMO Chrysler got their sides
> mixed up, it's the right side mirror that should tilt down when backing
> up.
>
> Is there an easy way to disable this unwanted automatic side mirror
> action?

I'm pretty sure that on our '02 300M it's an option accessed through the
Information Center above the windshield.

Perce

Old November 29th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

the owners manual spells out it's operation in great detail and you can
disable the reverse drop option

Old November 30th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Josh S

Many thx Man & Perce, I didn't notice the option to disable the reverse
drop.
Back to study the manual again.
These complex cars, perhaps the BMW display is useful!

Old December 24th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Josh S

Just a follow up to say I solved my left mirror dipping on backup and
also it's erratic action, by turning off that auto function.
My overhead console doesn't have the function to control several
functions, including the mirror, but the owners manual described a
procedure to turn off that function.

Since I back out of my driveway uphill, I can see better without the
left mirror dipping. It's really a dipping right side mirror I would
like to have, so I could see the curb when parking.