finally got fed up with the rear-view mirror

Old June 8th 05, 08:03 PM
Capt. Purple

Default finally got fed up with the rear-view mirror

I finally got fed up with that damn glued-on rear view mirror nonsense.
Tha bad engineering has been ****ing me off for many years now.

See what I did he
http://www.soundoctor.com/jeep/

Capt. Purple.
Old June 8th 05, 08:31 PM
Steve Foley

I gave up gluing them on years ago. Take it to a glass shop and have them
glue it on for $5.

My 19 year old YJ still has the original in place.

Old June 8th 05, 08:53 PM
Tom P

Nice job Capt. Just wait for the glue on your little rubber do-hicky to
fail. Thats gonna really PI** you off

Old June 9th 05, 12:14 AM
Capt. Purple

Cute.
It actually press-fits; it's high temp epoxy, and it's a high temp silicon rubber piece.

I also have to go to a glass place for something else - I'll ask about a new "glue job". Plus I'd
LIKE to replace the windshield.
CP

Old June 12th 05, 06:51 PM
K Horner

Or, you could have done what I did. Get one for older CJ's that was bolted
to the window frame. Drill a couple of holes and be done with it.

Jeepnik

Old June 12th 05, 07:15 PM
Lee Ayrton

Or, you could have done what I did: When I put a new windshield in my
CJ I left off the mirror. After a year or two you can't see details
through the plastic rear curtain anyway, and I learned to drive in a
windowless Econoline so outside mirrors are second nature to me.
Connecticut requires that I have outside mirrors if I don't have one
inside, so I'm covered there.

I _think_ that the move to glue-on center mirrors was mandated by the
NHTSA as an impact hazard to occupants.