1999 Jeep Wrangler: lower radiator hose part number

Old May 16th 05, 02:41 AM
Frank

Default 1999 Jeep Wrangler: lower radiator hose part number

For a lower radiator hose for a 1999 Jeep Wrangler - 6 Cylinder 4.0...

Does anyone know if part number 52028265 exactly matches 52028265-AC
and 52028265-AD.

I'm asking because I've got 52028265-AC, but it doesn't match the hose
I have on my vehicle, and it doesn't fit:

it is too long by about 5 inches.

Two Jeep dealers told me that 52028265-AC is the replacement part for
52028265, but that doesn't look true.

Does anyone know if I am supposed to cut the 52028265-AD radiator hose
to get it to fit properly for my Jeep

Wranger?

Old May 16th 05, 07:20 AM
Bigstoo

errr lo m8, did the name 'landyzone' give u a hint to the area of
knowledge expected in here?

try jeepyzone.com ??

--
Bigstoo
Bigstoo's Profile: http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/member.php?userid=623

Old May 16th 05, 02:33 PM
Greg

Don't know if the CJ 4.2 L is the same rad hose, but when I bought mine
last week, I said it's too long, ( by about 5" ) and they said you just cut
off to fit, engine side is flared and right length from angle, rad side is
not flared and can be cut to any length.

oups.com...

Old May 16th 05, 02:44 PM
Mike Romain

And don't forget to move the spring to the new one!

I also had to cut mine I think.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old May 17th 05, 06:09 AM
Frank

For your new hose, did it also come with a new spring?

I considered cutting the new hose, but then I would have to cut the new
spring too. The new spring is longer than the old spring.

Or, did you disgard the new spring and just use your existing old
spring?

Old May 17th 05, 02:14 PM
Mike Romain

Hmmm.... really good question. I do not believe mine came with a new
spring, but I changed it 5 years ago and I recently noticed my spring
seemed awfully short when I had my rad off to repair the snapped side
straps.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old May 17th 05, 02:56 PM
Frank

So far I've purchased three hoses from three different sources.

I've seen the AC and AD parts from the Jeep Dealer, that were both the
same, and so I only needed to keep one, I kept the AC part number.
They both came with a spring that goes through the bend that is closest
to the water pump and ends just before the end of the hose where it
attaches to the radiator. This hose is about 5" too long, and the new
spring is also about 5" too long. My concern in cutting this new
spring is that it will leave a spring end that is rougher than how the
original spring ends: I don't want to damage the rubber hose with a cut
spring.

Another hose I purchased from Kragen. It was a cheap hose that I
tossed out, but it did fit properly without being cut. It didn't come
with a new spring.

Another hose I purchased from Autozone that is now on the vehicle, it
fit properly without being cut. It didn't come with a new spring, but
then it felt like better quality rubber than the Kragen hose.

The best quality hose looks like the one from the Jeep dealer, but then
it looks like I will have to cut the spring and the hose to get it to
fit, the latter I am uncomfortable doing, and so I would have to force
out the old spring and then push in the old spring that will not fit
into the new hose as well as the new spring does. For example, the new
spring goes around the last bend in the hose before the water pump. It
just seems bizarre that a dealer hose and spring would both have to be
cut.

Old May 17th 05, 03:20 PM
Mike Romain

If you do cut the spring, I would bend/fold the cut end in so it doesn't
puncture the hose. Will the spring not compress?

Mike